Options

Mayan ruin

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
edited August 17, 2015 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2015
    Very nice! Leading nicely to something mysterious! I wonder if increasing vignetting would enhance that sense further.....
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2015
    Good comment Taz. Was tempted and left it as the original post. Here is a vignetted one. I replaced the pic so eventually the initial post will refresh to this version too:

cz_2014_0131-118-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2015
    I love it Cristobal! Both really! Some may prefer the original for sure! What I thought you were after, I think that is bit more pronounced in the second.
    Cheers m8!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    What about a sepia? What I'm trying to achieve is the mystery that Taz longs for and also an old photo feel...

cz_2014_0131-118-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2015
    Keeps getting better! Last one tops them all in my opinion!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2015
    I like the sepia toning Cristóbal, very nice mood, framing and lighting with the trees and path. clap.gif
    My suggestion would be a bit cropped off the bottom - just enough to increase and de-center the ruin a bit but keep the sense of the leading pathway.

This week we went to a very large and comprehensive exhibit of the ancient Mayan culture at the Natural History Museum...
    So, your image is interesting and timely for me... and envy-inducing, 'cause you got to be there! Got any more? thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    I like the sepia toning Cristóbal, very nice mood, framing and lighting with the trees and path. clap.gif
    My suggestion would be a bit cropped off the bottom - just enough to increase and de-center the ruin a bit but keep the sense of the leading pathway.

This week we went to a very large and comprehensive exhibit of the ancient Mayan culture at the Natural History Museum...
    So, your image is interesting and timely for me... and envy-inducing, 'cause you got to be there! Got any more? thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment and suggestion Eric. I will give it a try...
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    "I was walking through the woods one day, and you'll never guess what I stumbled upon!" This photo conveys surprise and wonder. I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    "I was walking through the woods one day, and you'll never guess what I stumbled upon!" This photo conveys surprise and wonder. I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!:D
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    I like no 3 best as the sepia has the best mood.

I agree with Eric that moving the ruin off-center would improve this
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2015
    Here is a cropped version, I prefer the original as it conveys better the sense of "oh!... look what I found."

cz_2014_0131-118-XL.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited August 17, 2015
    Last crop works best for me. thumb.gif I'm not too sure about the sepia, though. The ruins are a lot older than the days of sepia photography...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Last crop works best for me. thumb.gif I'm not too sure about the sepia, though. The ruins are a lot older than the days of sepia photography...ne_nau.gif

Thanks! rolleyes1.gif