Options

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited October 9, 2016 in Landscapes
I took this image as I strolled around the grounds of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates.

i-WFrnTVw-XL.jpg

I was swept away by the tranquility and sense of peace as I walked in quiet thought and listened to the silence.

A visit and time for a stroll among the halls, passages and grounds of this holy site should be top of your "must visit," "must experience for myself," list.

Comments

• Options
    hairycrabhairycrab Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2016
    I hope you don't mind I resurrected this thread. I would like to share my take of this mosque.
    It is a blend of two separate exposures, one for the sky and one for the mosque.

IMG_9718-Edit-L.jpg
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2016
    Two very different and very beautiful images.thumb.gif
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 4, 2016
    Two very different and very beautiful images.thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif

Usually we discourage posting images in other folks threads unless requested. However, in this case the images compliment each other very well. The newly posted wider view gives context to the lovely details in the original image. Thus I'm not inclined to split the thread unless El Gato as the OP would prefer it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2016
    Fantastic! Worthy of its own thread!
  • Options
    hairycrabhairycrab Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Usually we discourage posting images in other folks threads unless requested. However, in this case the images compliment each other very well. The newly posted wider view gives context to the lovely details in the original image. Thus I'm not inclined to split the thread unless El Gato as the OP would prefer it.
    Apologies...I will remember that next time. I haven't posted in here in a while.
  • Options
    The LeaderThe Leader Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2016
    El Gato wrote: »
    I took this image as I strolled around the grounds of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates.

i-WFrnTVw-XL.jpg

I was swept away by the tranquility and sense of peace as I walked in quiet thought and listened to the silence.

A visit and time for a stroll among the halls, passages and grounds of this holy site should be top of your "must visit," "must experience for myself," list.

That's a stunning image - well done.

Wedding Photography Melbourne - Portrait Photography Melbourne - Event Photography Melbourne
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2016
    Fantastic!!!bowdown.gifbow

-Len