Lovely Roo In Black And White

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 6, 2006 in People
i had previously posted some pictures of roo from our shoot in nyc a couple months ago. she happens to be dating the lead singer of the blue scene (the band i photograph) and was at their last show. while hanging outside and snapping candids of the band i pulled her aside and took this shot.

i sharpened her eyes, then sharpened the whole image in lab, then finally converted to b&w using virtualphotographer. i know the headlights can be distracting, but i think i like them. i'd greatly appreciate any comments.

51183330-L.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    another beautiful girl.. did you try and burn the headlights before you decided if you liked it? She is a bit too centered IMHO...
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Portrait orientation my friend.. portrait!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    another beautiful girl.. did you try and burn the headlights before you decided if you liked it? She is a bit too centered IMHO...
    i'll try burning them. . .thumb.gif

i agree with you, she is very centered. i believe the last time i posted a picture of her it was very centered as well:
    48266355-S.jpg
    i think it works for her for some reason. maybe because her face is symmetrical, but her hair is like crazy?
    edited January 5, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Portrait orientation my friend.. portrait!
    nah, i wanted to get that city feeling behind her, i don't think i could've achieved that in portrait. i could've put her on the side of the frame, but i kinda like how theres sidewalk on the left and street on the right. also, i didn't have a full shoot with her this time, just this shot.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i'll try burning them. . .thumb.gif

i agree with you, she is very centered. i believe the last time i posted a picture of her it was very centered as well:
    48266355-S.jpg
    i think it works for her for some reason. maybe because her face is symmetrical, but her hair is like crazy?

I like the conversion better on this most recent one. For some reason the previous shot doesn't feel as centered as this one and doesn't bother me as much.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    I like the conversion better on this most recent one. For some reason the previous shot doesn't feel as centered as this one and doesn't bother me as much.

Both terrific shots & I reckon landscape works, the BG is interesting enough.

I think the second shot doesn't look quite so centred is because her shoulders are no head on (or one shoulder is a bit lower).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited January 6, 2006
    thanks adrian, i think you're right about the second one, i think her shoulders were turned a little which makes it seem not so centered.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 6, 2006
    I think you know how I feel about the first shot you took of Roo...

this second one, while similar, doesn't wow me as much. I do like how she manages to look so stoic, in a sense that when I look at both of those pictures, i see her frozen while the world goes flying on behind her. Like a music video where's she's in stop motion while everything else behind her is in fast forward.

does that make any sense? headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited January 6, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I think you know how I feel about the first shot you took of Roo...

this second one, while similar, doesn't wow me as much. I do like how she manages to look so stoic, in a sense that when I look at both of those pictures, i see her frozen while the world goes flying on behind her. Like a music video where's she's in stop motion while everything else behind her is in fast forward.

does that make any sense? headscratch.gif

yes, that makes perfect sense, that's exactly how i feel about it.thumb.gif