Multiple email notifications

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited January 5, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Since the upgrade I've noticed that I get email notifications even if I don't visit the thread. So, I get an email notification. I don't follow up and visit the thread. Sometime later I get another notification. There may have been more than one reply in the meantime, but still I thought you wouldn't get a second notification until you visited the thread.

[Andy: move where you must.]
If not now, when?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Since the upgrade I've noticed that I get email notifications even if I don't visit the thread. So, I get an email notification. I don't follow up and visit the thread. Sometime later I get another notification. There may have been more than one reply in the meantime, but still I thought you wouldn't get a second notification until you visited the thread.

[Andy: move where you must.]

wave.gif Hiya, John!

You get email notifications when the thread has been posted to, by anyone. I don't use them, personally. I subscribe to all threads I play in, but with no email notification. Then, I use Quick Links>subscribed threads to see my threads.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Here is what the email notification actually ways (at the bottom.) Is it wrong?

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more
    notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Digital Grin
    If not now, when?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited January 5, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I have been using email notification since I joined. It has always seemed a bit erratic, both before and after the latest upgrade. I don't get notifications for every post, but it does send me notifications (sometimes) even if I haven't looked at the thread since the last notification. :confused I don't lose any sleep over it, though. :):
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    rutt wrote:

ne_nau.gif

I'll look at it when I get a chance. Keep on me about it if I forget.