Options

Is it possible to insert a banner image in navigation menu?

Kphoto1Kphoto1 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 17, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I just started recreating my site, making a transition from SmuguMug Old to New.

Is it possible to insert an image in navigation menu? I was using the top banner as a nav bar in my old website. Do I need to give that up and just have a "logo" on top and menu bar underneath?

http://info.kphotographic.com/

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2015
    For both a single photo as a banner and a logo you can add a click to URL link.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    For both a single photo as a banner and a logo you can add a click to URL link.

Thanks Allen,

I spent hours trying to figure this out yesterday. Will you show me how I can do that? Do I need to work on HTML and CSS? What I am trying to do is to use the top banner as navigation bar, meaning I will have several links within the banner just like I used in my Old SmugMug site. --> http://info.kphotographic.com/
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2015
    I see what you did in Legacy using the one big div with two inner ones. In NewSmug this could be done but Smug
    does not allow HTML widgets in the header. So I think you're stuck with adding a logo and menu side by side.
    The hardest part is formatting both to look like a single background. But it could be done adjusting both widgets
    and adding CSS.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    I see what you did in Legacy using the one big div with two inner ones. In NewSmug this could be done but Smug
    does not allow HTML widgets in the header. So I think you're stuck with adding a logo and menu side by side.
    The hardest part is formatting both to look like a single background. But it could be done adjusting both widgets
    and adding CSS.

Thanks Allen,

I see. I will give up on doing that then. Thank you.

So, I have combined the top banner and background and made that as a new one background for the entire site, so that top banner will show up on every page (I plan to insert the navigation menu block right under neath of the banner). However, the background image seems to get auto-centered as a default and I can't see the top banner. Since I haven't published the New, I can't show my problem, unfortunately. But all I see is the center of my background image on the page.

My question:

How do I align my background image on top. Sorry, I don't have any knowledge of codes. I would really appreciate your help.