RAW by Adobe ACR V.S. Capture ONE PRO

warszawskiwarszawski Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited January 5, 2006 in Finishing School
So far I used to use Adobe ACR for my RAW files from my Canon 350D (CR2) with a lot of satisfaction. Recently I've tried Capture One Pro and I've got very superior result in color, noise removal, sharpening !!!.

After RAW conversion in Capture One Pro, I did not have even to worry with Noise Ninja noise removal, neather use USM or Nik Sharpener !

What's wrong with Adobe ACR 3.1 ?
... better late than never ...

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    warszawski wrote:
    So far I used to use Adobe ACR for my RAW files from my Canon 350D (CR2) with a lot of satisfaction. Recently I've tried Capture One Pro and I've got very superior result in color, noise removal, sharpening !!!.

After RAW conversion in Capture One Pro, I did not have even to worry with Noise Ninja noise removal, neather use USM or Nik Sharpener !

What's wrong with Adobe ACR 3.1 ?

I used Capture One Pro for a long time. I actually was getting noise added in the JPEG compression with it. Nothing in TIFF, but JPEG was NG.

What I REALLY liked about COP was that it could soft-proof CMYK, so that I could read the numbers on the skin tones and get them dialed in during RAW conversion.

Ultimately, laziness got the best of me, and CS2 is my one-stop shop....

I should look into selling the license, mebbe...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops