Options

Centering carousel horizontally

bokehlover71bokehlover71 Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited August 21, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to center the carousel vertically on the page? I think 100 % height on the carousel is too large, but with a smaller height, all the extra space comes below. I think having the carousel on the middle of the page would be very nice.

And, it is possible to have other heights than the predefined choices, for example 75 %?

Comments

• Options
    Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    You could add the Carousel content block to a page and then add Spacer content blocks to either side. The Spacer content blocks are found under Content > Design in the customization page. Then adjust the dimensions of the Spacers as well as the Carousel block to get the look you want. Here's an example of a Page I created this way: http://screencast.com/t/3YkJRQ79 You could add Separator content blocks above and below the Carousel block to further center it if you wanted to. If you work on a custom page and have any questions you could shoot us an email to help@smugmug.com and we can have a look at the Page and help make any adjustments.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    I don't think there would be any way to center the block vertically. You have no idea what a viewers browser size would be.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    bokehlover71bokehlover71 Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    I am not a web designer, so I don't understand why the height of a spacer content block always must be entered in pixels? If we could use percent the problem would be solved.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    I am not a web designer, so I don't understand why the height of a spacer content block always must be entered in pixels? If we could use percent the problem would be solved.

Try adding this to your custom theme's CSS:
    .sm-page-widget-9449979 {
        margin: 0 auto;
        width: 75%;
        }