Options

Slideshow drawing randomly from entire site?

zubenelgenubizubenelgenubi Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited August 21, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any way to create a slide show that draws images randomly from my entire site? So far I can see how to feed photos to slide shows using various selection methods, but nothing that would allow it to choose from among ALL of the photos on my site.

Not an urgent or high priority - but I thought this would be cool in some circumstances.

Thanks!
- Mark

Comments

• Options
    bokehlover71bokehlover71 Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    If you have less than 1000 photos in total, you can make an unlisted smart album that contains all photos, for example with date taken between 01.01.2000 and 01.01.2020, or another filter that will suit for all your photos. Use this album as the source for your slideshow.

If you have more than 1000 photos, I think you have to put all of them in the same album "physically" and use this for your slideshow. You can then add photos to your other albums by dragging virtual copies from the main album, or make smart albums.
  • Options
    zubenelgenubizubenelgenubi Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    Thanks for that tip - I hadn't thought of simply using a smart gallery with a very wide date range to capture lots of pics. Still, I do have WAY more than 1000 photos posted. So if 1000 is the limit, it wouldn't be enough to solve my problem.

- Mark
    If you have less than 1000 photos in total, you can make an unlisted smart album that contains all photos, for example with date taken between 01.01.2000 and 01.01.2020, or another filter that will suit for all your photos. Use this album as the source for your slideshow.

If you have more than 1000 photos, I think you have to put all of them in the same album "physically" and use this for your slideshow. You can then add photos to your other albums by dragging virtual copies from the main album, or make smart albums.
  • Options
    bokehlover71bokehlover71 Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    1000 photos is the limit for a smart album, but you can also manually drag virtual copies into a new unlisted album, with no limits.