Job Opportunity?

puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
edited September 1, 2015 in The Big Picture

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015

I don't see anything wrong with it unless they are trying to hire photographers at $15.00 per hour and charging $50.00 per hour.

It's still a partially free market and if it has wings, good on them if not no harm.

In my personal opinion I don't think it will be a big hit but there doesn't seem to be any cost to the travel co to set it up so why not?

Sam
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2015
    I'm with Sam on this one. So long as it's pay appropriate, why not? And even if they are hiring photographers for $15, if that's the only work those shooters can get, who cares? I doubt it'll have any impact on the pros from this forum, or any other for that matter. Land of the free, home of the brave...try new things.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2015
    I also don't have any particular issue with this from the 'work for a snapper' pov ... whatever the financial arrangements.
    If the individual is satisfied with the deal, then ok (as JR said)

I'm more intrigued by the underlying 'needs' for the service and how it's being sold to punters ...

// The trend for uploading holiday photos on social media ....to document your trip and deliver a daily supply of Instagram-friendly images for you to share online //

//It’s difficult not to feel insecure ... Svelte, well-dressed travellers ... generally look like they’re having a better holiday than you ever will //

// The photographer will deliver dozens of images ... capitalising on the desire among travellers to capture their trip in stunning photographs and, perhaps more significantly, share them online. //

// “Nowadays, if we don’t document it and put it online it’s like it didn’t happen,” //

etc etc.

Just fail to understand why (some) people wouldn't mind having some random erk lurking around taking pix of their hols ... and the way that enjoying said hols would be influenced by the snapper's presence and the likely / probable feelings that they've got to ensure that the pics are 'up to par'.

Just think of the mental anguish created when pix taken by some mate on hols are 'better' than your own hol. pics, taken by a 'pro', eh?

Mrs pp summed it up as 'shallow', btw.

pp
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited September 1, 2015
    Moving this thread out of Jouneys. See the sticky post in Journeys for more info.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2015
    Thanks ... I did wonder about most suitable forum.
    Apols for the hassle.

pp
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited September 1, 2015
    Thanks ... I did wonder about most suitable forum.
    Apols for the hassle.

pp

No problem. :D
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky