Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 2, 2015
    Cool! Everyone looks so serious..? Keep 'em coming!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2015
    Nice! Yeah serious......but pretty cool!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited September 3, 2015
    2nd shot's rider looks a little like Paul Sr., but can't be due to what he's riding.

These are good! More, more, more.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2015
    I agree with David. I did a double take on the Paul Sr. look alike. You did a great job bringing out the cycles themselves.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2015
    I don't know of another spectacle quite like Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week. I've been going for years....wouldn't miss it. The guy in #4 is riding a Boss Hog. I saw one of those last year that had a Chevy 502 cubic inch crate motor stuffed in it. The guy riding it must have been pushing 400 lbs. Like a lot of things there, it was quite a sight.

Nice work,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2015
    Looking at #3, I couldn't help but think that this photo:

https://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Bikers/i-FLK2gJ2/0/X2/2010-04-24-24-X2.jpg

is what that woman will look like in a few years.

(The linked photo was taken at the Leesburg (FL) bike week event in 2010)

A link, rather than an embedded photo, because I think it's rude to add my
    photo to someone else's thread. It would bring down the quality of the average
    photo in the thread.)
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2015
    I don't know of another spectacle quite like Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week. I've been going for years....wouldn't miss it. The guy in #4 is riding a Boss Hog. I saw one of those last year that had a Chevy 502 cubic inch crate motor stuffed in it. The guy riding it must have been pushing 400 lbs. Like a lot of things there, it was quite a sight.

Nice work,

Tom

Yeah, quite a sight and nice hdr toning on the shots Fly

I went for 5yrs or so and was disappointed when the Speedway people spread the moto races out

It used to be dirt track, supercross and superbike races within three days. Nowhere on the planet could you get one week of quality races in one place. It was worth the trip from CA.

And of course the dog races (FL one of the last places to hold them)

Then women's wrestling in cabbage

Then there was the time a gal marched on the last Sunday.... topless. It was quite a hit

BTW nice shots
    Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2015
    torags wrote: »
    Yeah, quite a sight and nice hdr toning on the shots Fly

I went for 5yrs or so and was disappointed when the Speedway people spread the moto races out

It used to be dirt track, supercross and superbike races within three days. Nowhere on the planet could you get one week of quality races in one place. It was worth the trip from CA.

And of course the dog races (FL one of the last places to hold them)

Then women's wrestling in cabbage

Then there was the time a gal marched on the last Sunday.... topless. It was quite a hit

BTW nice shots

Sadly, Rags, in the last couple of years they have really cracked down on gratuitous nudity in the streets. You can still have loud pipes on the bike but you best be careful where you choose to really get on the throttle....the cops will now ticket you for excessive noise. I happen to be in full support of that measure. If you want to see what it was like in the old days, hit some of the outlying bars where anything you can imagine is still the order of the day. Gotta love Bike Week.

I share your feelings about the racing scene. Too bad about the changes they made there.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.