RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
edited September 14, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Basilica de San Vicente

i-nJBMbS7-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2015
    A very interesting building presented as an architectural study. The inclusion of the people works well to establish scale. Excellent work in the PP arena to counter vertical-line distortion inherent in such cases. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Lovely!! Soothing light! Not easy to do!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    Textured and rich-looking! Like the perspective a lot! clap.gif
    The crop looks a bit tight at the top left to my eye Richard, but no biggie.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    Excellent Architectural with good textures.

I can't stop looking at the tree on the lower right. Perhaps moving to the left would help.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    Great architectural study here. thumb.gif The building has great diagonals and the arches are a bonus. Without knowing what is NOT in the picture it is always difficult to talk about the preferred crop, but having said that the crop is a little tight to me on both sides and the building seems to want to "breath" more. Perhaps you can fill us in as to what is out of sight?
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited September 14, 2015
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I agree that the framing is too tight. TBH, I don't remember whether there was any good reason for that. If I had known the shot would turn out as well as it did I might have paid more attention rolleyes1.gif. In fact (confession time), the original was even worse--the topmost part of the church was touching the edge of the frame, so I used a little PS sleight-of-hand to add just a bit of sky. The perspective was corrected in LR, which works surprisingly well most of the time.