buy photo button

braveheartbraveheart Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 14, 2015 in Bug Reporting
I have a problem with the "buy photo" buttons on my gallery pages. if I select the small shopping cart under a photo, I get the loading products spinning wheel option and see blocks for wall art, paper products, and keepsakes and can select products. If I use the "buy photos" icon on the right side ( by the slide show icon ) it then defaults to a 4" x 6" print , and then boxes for other choices. Not the nice choices and examples for clients to look at and to help them make their choices.????? I have looked at some other sites, and the "buy photo" icon seems to work OK . is there some settings I am missing. Thanks.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited September 13, 2015
    There are two behaviors with the buy photo button - one if it is clicked from a page for which there are multiple photos shown, and one if it is clicked from the lightbox. Unfortunately I don't believe it is possible to force the same behavior in both places.

--- Denise
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 14, 2015
    There are two behaviors with the buy photo button - one if it is clicked from a page for which there are multiple photos shown, and one if it is clicked from the lightbox. Unfortunately I don't believe it is possible to force the same behavior in both places.

--- Denise

Yes, as Denise mentioned, Gallery Styles like SmugMug Style display one photo as the highlight, and it's easy to offer the "Buy Photo" dialogue for that single photo. Photos in other styles, like Collage, which display multiple photos, have no way of knowing which photo you want to buy, and we display the Multiple Photos dialogue.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations