The amazing portraits of Renee Robyn

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited September 29, 2015 in People
One of the best things about my job is having visiting photographers stay at our house when they're on assignment in the area. Renee has stayed a few weeks and we were swept away by her images and story, so I rented a motorcycle and we went out filming her to see how she does it.

Here's the short film we made:

https://youtu.be/UblxncmkDRI

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited September 14, 2015
    Baldy -
    I love that you are creating these videos. I really enjoyed this one.

--- Denise
  • cananeercananeer Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2015
    Outstanding!!clap.gifthumb
    I recognize a few of those roads too as I ride a moto also and this is close to home.
    Antioch for me :D
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    Great video of an inspiring person/photographer/artist. Thanks for posting this Baldy.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Images, videos, story's like this fill me with wonder and awe. Briefly there is a sense of incompetence and total inadequacy knowing I could never create what I have just seen.

Then the realization that while I don't have the talent or ability to duplicate this, I can do so much more if I just try.

In the end the feelings of inadequacy surrenders to motivation and inspiration.

Thank you Renee and Baldy.

Sam
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Totally rocks and totally appreciated.
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    Thanks everyone! I sometimes wonder if these films are an indulgence, but if they are, it's one of the best kinds. I just love living vicariously through our heroes, photographers who can make images like that.

And I agree, I'll never be able to rise to this level, but all the more reason to be inspired by people like Renee.

I had her do a portrait of me and my wife (and doggy):

Smuggy_5034-X2.jpg

Btw, I haven't posted on dgrin for awhile (sorry about that) because I've been busy upgrading my other forum, and I have to say: WE REALLY NEED A FORUM SOFTWARE UPGRADE, BALDY!!
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    Saw this portrait on Facebook a few days ago. Toni looks amazing - and you don't strike a bad pose either! Rene outdid herself on this portrait of a handsome couple (and pooch).
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited September 16, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Saw this portrait on Facebook a few days ago. Toni looks amazing - and you don't strike a bad pose either! Rene outdid herself on this portrait of a handsome couple (and pooch).
    Thanks! She also turned my grandkids into devil children:

Kidlets_2354-2-X2.jpg
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2015
    Cute couple, the guys not to bad looking either. (the first photo)
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2015
    Sweet!
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2015
    The "devil children" shot is outstanding!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2015
    Just seen her on Creative Live last week for "Photo Week" and she played your video at one point, and then gave SmugMug & SmugMug Films rave reviews. BTW, awesome job on the video!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams