Spend two weeks in the Caucasus mountains, and made this timelapse

tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
edited September 15, 2015 in Landscapes
I have been into timelapse creation for quite some time. This time, decided to do it right.

Camera Sony A7 (90%) D7000(10%)
Lens on Sony
Samyang 14 2.8 Nikon mount for milky way
Kit 28-70 for others
Lens on Nikon
Tokina 11-16 F2.8

Panning done in software, and for one scene done using iOptron Skytracker
About 10+ hours of shooting.
Total around 8000 frames

The milky way sequences were during the perseids meteor shower

I made two versions

Slower version :

Fast version

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2015
    I enjoyed it enough to watch the whole video! Amazing job! Joyous! clap.gifthumb:ivar
    The music selection is wonderful too!
    I can't even imagine how software can do such masterful panning!
    Do you take multiple shots all of the place and stitch them or do you take wide shots and software crops and pans?
    My only recommendation would be that I didn't like the 3 hikers as they break from overall dreamy theme and their Charlie-Chaplin motions are ridiculous and prevent me from repeat viewing.
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I enjoyed it enough to watch the whole video! Amazing job! Joyous! clap.gifthumb:ivar
    The music selection is wonderful too!
    I can't even imagine how software can do such masterful panning!
    Do you take multiple shots all of the place and stitch them or do you take wide shots and software crops and pans?
    My only recommendation would be that I didn't like the 3 hikers as they break from overall dreamy theme and their Charlie-Chaplin motions are ridiculous and prevent me from repeat viewing.
    Thanks for your critique!
    I take wide angle shots, and then in software do the panning using panolapse. Since A7 is 24MP, there is plenty of cropping room

Yes, the three hikers make it look a bit odd. But I did not want to make that sequence too short!
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    tsk1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for your critique!
    I take wide angle shots, and then in software do the panning using panolapse. Since A7 is 24MP, there is plenty of cropping room

Yes, the three hikers make it look a bit odd. But I did not want to make that sequence too short!

Thanks for info! Maybe in few years I will understand it!:D
    The sequence with clouds and shadows was just fine....didn't think hikers portion would have made it feel short....just giving you outside view....as when we are looking at our own stuff....we sometimes see it too closely. Cheers!
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks for info! Maybe in few years I will understand it!:D
    The sequence with clouds and shadows was just fine....didn't think hikers portion would have made it feel short....just giving you outside view....as when we are looking at our own stuff....we sometimes see it too closely. Cheers!
    Appreciate the advice. In my next timelapse I will try and keep the elements more pure. Now when I look at it again, the hikers do seem a little odd. Now if they had been there during the entire sequence, a train of people, maybe it would have worked, but for now, its a bit odd