Options

How to reduce vertical space between content blocks?

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
edited September 17, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
My home page will have two content blocks (gallery/folder/page), one over another. I'd like to close the space between them--setting the bottom and top margins to zero still wastes some space:

i-8WMRr4f-M.jpg

I only want to this for these two blocks on my home page, not for all content blocks.

TIA for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2015
    I've been able to bring two widgets vertically together using top and bottom margin setting on each box. Even adding
    borders around them to look like one box. My Guestbook is an example. Also see this folder page with an HTML widget
    sitting on top of a folder widget. http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2015-Birding
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks, Allen. I already had set the bottom margin of the upper block and the top margin of the lower one to zero. Playing around with it some, it appears that having the label below the image takes up more room than necessary. Another possible source is that it might be reserving space for a title over the lower block even though it doesn't have one, dunno. Using the cover option alleviates the problem, but isn't exactly what I want. I suspect the label has a margin that could be tweaked with CSS, but I don't know how to do that yet.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    You can assign a negative margin to any of the 4 margin fields.
    Editing to add: this is for the margins in the triangle icon for settings of the content block.
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2015
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    You can assign a negative margin to any of the 4 margin fields.
    Editing to add: this is for the margins in the triangle icon for settings of the content block.
    Bingo! I didn't know negative margins were legal. Problem solved. Many thanks!