Options

Download (individual shot) button not set by LR Plugin quick settings

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited September 21, 2015 in Bug Reporting
This is a head's up to others that may use Lightroom's plugin and also use the Quick Settings options for gallery settings.

It appears that the Quick Settings in LR can no longer enable the download buttons.

The same Quick Settings in the web Organizer works. The Lightroom version apparently does not, at least for me. I've reported it to the help desk.

There's no overt sign it fails; I found out only when a local paper complained they could not download my shots. I went through some old galleries and it has been happening for a while -- I need to go through more but it's late tonight.

So just a head's up if you happen to depend on both download buttons, quick settings and the Lightroom Plugin.

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 18, 2015
    Ferguson wrote: »
    This is a head's up to others that may use Lightroom's plugin and also use the Quick Settings options for gallery settings.

It appears that the Quick Settings in LR can no longer enable the download buttons.

The same Quick Settings in the web Organizer works. The Lightroom version apparently does not, at least for me. I've reported it to the help desk.

There's no overt sign it fails; I found out only when a local paper complained they could not download my shots. I went through some old galleries and it has been happening for a while -- I need to go through more but it's late tonight.

So just a head's up if you happen to depend on both download buttons, quick settings and the Lightroom Plugin.

I'll pass this along to our Lightroom engineer to verify/fix.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 20, 2015
    G'day Linwood,

Are you able to double check this ?

It's all working fine for me.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2015
    David and I "talked" after the above and here is what I think is the status, David chime in if I misunderstand.

It appears this issue can be caused when Lightroom's copy of the Quick settings is different in some fashion than Smugmugs. That can be corrected one a one time basis by going into the plugin manager and doing a Refresh on the account, though after doing that I changed some other field so I could hit "save" (it is otherwise greyed out). I do not know if the "Save" is right or not.

There seems a likelihood that the underlying cause was the changed setup a few months ago of the download feature, though David had not confirmed that; the time frame matched for me. So it is possible other people may have this issue from the same underlying cause.

What is concerning to me is that this is a "silent" failure -- the out of sync condition does not show any overt symptoms unless you go back and look to see if the quick settings actually set. Which is really why I posted this topic in case others might want to double check their own.

David is still researching.