Options

Foggy Morning Wake

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited September 28, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_1325A2-8-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2015
    Very nice Wayne! I have to check the exif data when I go home assuming its embedded! Nice action freeze here in low light!thumb.gifclap
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2015
    Nice composition for the motion

Very well treated

Good work
    Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2015
    Terrific shot. Living in coastal Florida, I've seen scenes like this a lot. You really nailed this one....in many aspects. Excellent work.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Very nice Wayne! I have to check the exif data when I go home assuming its embedded! Nice action freeze here in low light!thumb.gifclap

Taz, always appreciate you looking at my shots. bowdown.gif Much appreciated and thanks!
    This is taken from a bridge on the Colonial Parkway with connects the historic triangle, Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. I grab my bicycle occasionally early in the morning, ride to the middle and just sit with my camera... and then just wait.

torags wrote: »
    Nice composition for the motion

Very well treated

Good work

Rags, you are very kind. Thank you.
    Terrific shot. Living in coastal Florida, I've seen scenes like this a lot. You really nailed this one....in many aspects. Excellent work.clap.gif

Tom

Tom, always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for taking the time to comment! bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,035 Major grins
    Love the crispness of the boat and wake in conjunction with the softness of the fog and light. I'm sure I should work on that sentence, but great job, Wayne.
  • Options
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Love the crispness of the boat and wake in conjunction with the softness of the fog and light. I'm sure I should work on that sentence, but great job, Wayne.

Jo, I very much appreciate your comments. I must admit, it was a complete accident getting this exposure. I was caught by surprise with this one as the boat had a very quiet motor and just emerged mysteriously out of the fog. Capturing motion was not on my mind at the time.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2015
    Good fotos are never an accident: You were there with a camera.

The composition is excellent and the long wake makes nice lines.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    Beautiful! Love the gradient from cool tones on the left to warm on the right.thumb.gifthumb My one wish would be for a bit more space in front of the boat, but considering the circumstances, this is still a very wonderful capture.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    willard3 wrote: »
    Good fotos are never an accident: You were there with a camera.

The composition is excellent and the long wake makes nice lines.

Willard, always value and look forward to your input. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated! bowdown.gif
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Beautiful! Love the gradient from cool tones on the left to warm on the right.thumb.gifthumb My one wish would be for a bit more space in front of the boat, but considering the circumstances, this is still a very wonderful capture.

Phil

Phil, space in front would definitely improve the shot! Thanks for the kind words. I always appreciate your input in regards to my efforts!

• Options
    edited September 21, 2015
    I experimented with various alternate crops. I think this one gives it more of a soft monotone texture.
    First one or this one?

DSC_1325B1-8-X2.jpg

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Agree!
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    Version 1 = awesome. Version 2 = better than version 1. Great work, as usual!
  • Options
    Version 1 = awesome. Version 2 = better than version 1. Great work, as usual!

JBR, many thanks! bowdown.gif

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2015
    The warm, diffuse tones are breathtaking! The boat and its pure white wake and jet black shadow emerge from the soft and muggy warmth of another realm. You've captured it! I love your description of this capture: "sit with my camera... and then just wait." That's what make photography a practice. (I think I like the crop of #1 better--but really a toss up for me.) --Carter
  • Options
    CCoop wrote: »
    The warm, diffuse tones are breathtaking! The boat and its pure white wake and jet black shadow emerge from the soft and muggy warmth of another realm. You've captured it! I love your description of this capture: "sit with my camera... and then just wait." That's what make photography a practice. (I think I like the crop of #1 better--but really a toss up for me.) --Carter

Carter, your thoughtful review and kind comments are very much appreciated by me. bowdown.gif

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    I just saw this one. Very nice! I think the second one is an improvement.

I get the sense that it's slighted tilted clockwise, but that's probably an illusion created by the way the background lines work.
  • Options
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I just saw this one. Very nice! I think the second one is an improvement.

I get the sense that it's slighted tilted clockwise, but that's probably an illusion created by the way the background lines work.

Don, thanks for the kind comments. I used the "leveler" tool in LR several times but you never know!

• Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2015
    Stunning image!
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2015
    IPClark wrote: »
    Stunning image!

Ian, your opinion means a great deal to me. Thanks!