Cape Arago Light

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited September 22, 2015 in Landscapes
This image is from my travels with my wife this summer on the Oregon Coast. It was mid-day and unfortunately, nothing good was happening weather wise to create any drame. I have posted the original and the "artistic version" for your review.... not the greatest of stuff to be sure, but I don't see many shots of Cape Arago Light floating around either....

Original.... (stitch of 10 portrait shots.. :wink)
i-cTwbw9d-X2.jpg

"Artistic Version" (edited in LR + PE Layers & Effects)
Cape%20Arago%20Light-X2.jpg
Lee Wiren

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2015
    If you can do this with mid-day shot, then you can do anything! People who spend money usually like stuff with some pop to it, that some photographer's may sneer at. If I knew how to do this, I would at least try.

Having said that, may I nit-pick and say that water in artistic version, looks bit like paved road? Specially the yellow line that is created by mud almost looks like highway divider.....but ofcourse one would figure out what are boulders doing in middle of the road.....
    Lovely still!

I want to go get all the lighthouses but my wants are billion times longer than things I can do....

Cheers m8!
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    If you can do this with mid-day shot, then you can do anything! People who spend money usually like stuff with some pop to it, that some photographer's may sneer at. If I knew how to do this, I would at least try.

Having said that, may I nit-pick and say that water in artistic version, looks bit like paved road? Specially the yellow line that is created by mud almost looks like highway divider.....but ofcourse one would figure out what are boulders doing in middle of the road.....
    Lovely still!

I want to go get all the lighthouses but my wants are billion times longer than things I can do....

Cheers m8!

You may most certainly nit-pik. This image will not be a favorite of mine... I could have wished to be there on an orange/red sunset day with more water smashing the rocks in the bay creating the drama that any lighthouse truly deserves. Getting to any lighthouse during those conditions is tough when you don't live at the coast....

My son keeps asking which Oregon coastal town I plan to retire to as I love the ocean so much..... some day I would like to do all the lighthouses east & west coast and have enough time to spend getting dramatic, awesome shots of them all! That is a pipe dream I know, but....

Speaking of artistic vision... I am working to dodge the household financial crisis long enough to buy a new camera.... almost thinking I could do my landscape work with an all-in-one bridge camera eek7.gif that I could afford now....., then again, I think about learning how to paint some day..... hmmmm ne_nau.gif

I appreciate your critique, point of view and willingness to speak it. Cheers.
    Lee Wiren
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2015
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2015
    boco wrote: »
    mooi en ga toch voor de eerste.
    grt,boco.

I should have figured you for a purist boco, I appreciate your comment. I plan to go back soon and rework this one to leave the original bottom and a better sky....., Do you ever get to the coast where you live? I have seen you shoot boats, but nothing really of the coast in your part of the world.

Lee
    Lee Wiren