Uno

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited September 27, 2015 in Landscapes
The actual name of the place is "Rat Rock Island" near San Rafael, CA. However, I thought what a horrible name for such a lovely place. So hoping "Uno" would catch on!:D

All criticism and kind comments are desired and heartily cherished!

1)
1W7A9679-X3.jpg

2)
1W7A9615-X3.jpg

3)
1W7A9655-X3.jpg

4)
1W7A9640-X3.jpg

5)
1W7A9661-X3.jpg

6)
1W7A9701-X3.jpg

7)
1W7A9706-X3.jpg

8)
1W7A9716-X3.jpg

9)
1W7A9720-X3.jpg

10)
1W7A9725-Edit-X3.jpg

11)
1W7A9752-X3.jpg

12)
1W7A8852-Edit-X3.jpg

Comments

• WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2015
    Not Fair!
    Taz, these suck dude! Really! How dare you have such a cool place with awesome sunsets and occasional foreground action to shoot at your whim! rolleyes1.gif

I like them all, but that duckin #7 is the one! I also love the color in #11.... hell, like I said, I love them all, but those two are my faves... combine the colors of 11 and the foreground duck of 7 and you have 1 hell of a stunner!

Nice work, looks like I will have to make a trip to San Rafael to find Uno island... I find this a much more fitting name than Rat..... thumb.gif

Nice work, as usual....
    Lee Wiren
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2015
    Wiren wrote: »
    Taz, these suck dude! Really! How dare you have such a cool place with awesome sunsets and occasional foreground action to shoot at your whim! rolleyes1.gif

I like them all, but that duckin #7 is the one! I also love the color in #11.... hell, like I said, I love them all, but those two are my faves... combine the colors of 11 and the foreground duck of 7 and you have 1 hell of a stunner!

Nice work, looks like I will have to make a trip to San Rafael to find Uno island... I find this a much more fitting name than Rat..... thumb.gif

Nice work, as usual....

Thanks Lee! Can't say it enough! I am glad you liked the duck and I felt mother nature was smiling at me when it decided to cross right in front of me. Actually, it hung out to my right for 10 minutes, doing the danger level assessment. It finally decided I was no threat and went for it! I actually had enough sense to crank up the ISO to 1000 to get the shutter up.

Park is China Camp State Park and this is San Pablo Bay....and there are no waves and water is almost always level so even 2 seconds exposures smooth it out. Natural spot for long exposures.

They are hyper about park closing at sunset, so had to hide out in the rocks to not get busted and parked a mile away and walked on highway.......got a 55 dollar ticket first time I was there......if you do make it out here hope to shoot with you! Cheers!
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Lee! Can't say it enough! I am glad you liked the duck and I felt mother nature was smiling at me when it decided to cross right in front of me. Actually, it hung out to my right for 10 minutes, doing the danger level assessment. It finally decided I was no threat and went for it! I actually had enough sense to crank up the ISO to 1000 to get the shutter up.

Park is China Camp State Park and this is San Pablo Bay....and there are no waves and water is almost always level so even 2 seconds exposures smooth it out. Natural spot for long exposures.

They are hyper about park closing at sunset, so had to hide out in the rocks to not get busted and parked a mile away and walked on highway.......got a 55 dollar ticket first time I was there......if you do make it out here hope to shoot with you! Cheers!

It would be a special trip for me to get to Cali...., not that it's too far away, but far enough... but if I ever go to do some shooting, you're in charge of picking the places so we can make a trip out of it! Same goes for whenever you come up across my border mate!
    Lee Wiren
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    What a cool place! Added to my places to eventually visit in the next 30 years (hopefully sooner). Those pics just got better the farther down the sequence.

#8 isn't showing up for me.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    David_S85 wrote: »
    What a cool place! Added to my places to eventually visit in the next 30 years (hopefully sooner). Those pics just got better the farther down the sequence.

#8 isn't showing up for me.

Thanks David! Appreciate it truly!
    I re-posted link to #8. Didn't see anything weird in link for it...hope it shows.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    These are drop-dead gorgeous! I'm having trouble selecting a favorite, I think I like them all. I like the contrast between the totally still shots and the shots with the additional duck or person.

--- Denise
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    Guess I lean towards being a minimalist. #'s 1 and 3 clap.gif for me! Bravo! for all of them! Nice work as usual, Taz.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

These are drop-dead gorgeous! I'm having trouble selecting a favorite, I think I like them all. I like the contrast between the totally still shots and the shots with the additional duck or person.

--- Denise

Thank you Denise! My day is made!bowdown.gifbarb
    Guess I lean towards being a minimalist. #'s 1 and 3 clap.gif for me! Bravo! for all of them! Nice work as usual, Taz.

Many thanks Wayne! Your encouragement means much! Natural spot for minimalism and solitude! Cheers!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    Beautiful work, Taz. #6 and #11 are my favorites but, believe me, the whole set is really strong. Your growth as a photographer has been dramatic. Passion plays a huge part in this game we play. Your work is evidence of the tremendous passion you have....it clearly shines through.

Stay safe, my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,058 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif with everything everyone said. And yes, I am being lazy! Great stuff, Taz.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    Terrific! Numbers 1 and 11 seem to be my favorites.
    edited September 24, 2015
    Beautiful work, Taz. #6 and #11 are my favorites but, believe me, the whole set is really strong. Your growth as a photographer has been dramatic. Passion plays a huge part in this game we play. Your work is evidence of the tremendous passion you have....it clearly shines through.

Stay safe, my friend,

Tom

Thanks Tom! Your rock!bowdown.gif
    I have been learning from best.....take everyone's input and try to keep improving....hope to keep getting better. So much to learn......like rust-potion.....on my to do list:D
    Cavalier wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif with everything everyone said. And yes, I am being lazy! Great stuff, Taz.

Thanks kindly Jo! Can't say that enough!
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Terrific! Numbers 1 and 11 seem to be my favorites.

Thanks Don! I thought you might like first one! Cheers m8!!
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Really liked different perspectives of same place. I really liked 7th and 10th, the feeling of expanse is fascinating
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    boco wrote: »
    Fantastische reeks.
    grt,boco.

Thanks Boco! Appreciate it truly!
    Really liked different perspectives of same place. I really liked 7th and 10th, the feeling of expanse is fascinating

Thanks Awais! I wanted to capture the sense of vast expanse and #10 is a 2 wide-shot pano. It is much bigger than that and I tried 5-6 wise-shot pano but PS refused to stitch them for me......I must be missing something when I shot them as by naked eye I can't find why it can't stitch them.

Thanks again!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 26, 2015
    Good stuff, Taz. You found a great location and certainly made the best of it. thumb.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2015

Stay safe, my friend,

Tom

I agree your shots are off the charts. In this set my favs are 1,3,5 and 12 clap.gifclap
    edited September 27, 2015
    Thanks my bros Joel and Cristobal!wings.gifbow