Options

balloon launch

gabrielegabriele Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 29, 2015 in Street and Documentary
Hello everyone, first post in this forum.

Shoot these last saturday at the inauguration of the school year of a local school.
All pictures were taken in a public square and kids were shot from behind so I assume they are safe for posting.
Click on the images to view larger:

1) Canon EOS 5D Mark III - Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM - f5 - 1/1250 - ISO 100 straighten in Lightroom
i-Md5xxpJ.jpg

2) Canon EOS 5D Mark III - Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM - f2.8 - 1/1000 - ISO 100 NOT straighten in Lightroom
i-FtzSkT9.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2015
    Gabriele, welcome to Dgrin. Lovely set. In the first shot, I would have aimed the camera slightly to the right emphasizing more the diagonal line of balloons from the terrific angle you picked. A great opportunity for bringing out their lovely colors. You would still have the statue just inside the left crop if you wanted but in this shot, the balloons are the major point of focus! The second shot is wonderful.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Gabriele, welcome to Dgrin.

thank you!
    In the first shot, I would have aimed the camera slightly to the right emphasizing more the diagonal line of balloons from the terrific angle you picked. A great opportunity for bringing out their lovely colors. You would still have the statue just inside the left crop if you wanted but in this shot, the balloons are the major point of focus!

great review! good point on centering more the diagonal line of balloons. unfortunately, quite a bit of the original framing was lost straightening the photo but leaving the column leaning to the side was off-putting.
    so yes, the result may be a bit of a compromise.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I agree with Wayne's comments on #1--there was more of interest out of frame on the right than in the frame on the left. It's a fun shot nevertheless. thumb.gif

Where was it taken?
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin

hello Richard, thank you for looking and leaving your feedback :)
    Richard wrote: »
    Where was it taken?

they were taken nearby Bologna, Italy