Options

Center galleries, folders, pages on Homepage boxes?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited September 30, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
My homepage galleries, folders, etc are apparently left justified in their respective boxes. What CSS can center within the boxes? Can boxes be centered if less than 100%? Thanks.

http://www.bayouoaksstudio.com/
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 30, 2015
    If you want the boxes to be centered then the easiest thing to do is to change your layout from stretchy to fixed. Once you change to fixed and specify a width, turn centered to ON.

Customize... Content and Design...
    Select the area of the site
    Click the layout button
    Make changes as desired.

Keep in mind that a fixed layout may not make good use of the space available in the browser window.

--- Denise
  • Options
    If you want the boxes to be centered then the easiest thing to do is to change your layout from stretchy to fixed. Once you change to fixed and specify a width, turn centered to ON.

Customize... Content and Design...
    Select the area of the site
    Click the layout button
    Make changes as desired.

Keep in mind that a fixed layout may not make good use of the space available in the browser window.

--- Denise

Thanks. Denise. But what I am looking for is this: If using stretchy and my gallery or photo box contains fewer than needed to fill horizontally, say only 2 galleries, how do I center the 2 in the 100% box? Ditto for folders, pages? How do I keep the 2 from being left justified?
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    agallia wrote: »
    ...what I am looking for is this: If using stretchy and my gallery or photo box contains fewer than needed to fill horizontally, say only 2 galleries, how do I center the 2 in the 100% box? Ditto for folders, pages? How do I keep the 2 from being left justified?
    I'm not aware of a way to center entries on a stretchy page. Maybe someone else has the answer you are looking for.

--- Densie
  • Options
    I'm not aware of a way to center entries on a stretchy page. Maybe someone else has the answer you are looking for.

--- Densie

Thanks again. Looked at your site too...very nice, clean. No big deal on homepage...was just curious. Can do more on pages, etc. Al
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    I'm not expert enough to guarantee this code, but I'm currently trying it out on my site:
    .sm-tiles-list {text-align: center;}

http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    BigRed wrote: »
    I'm not expert enough to guarantee this code, but I'm currently trying it out on my site:
    .sm-tiles-list {text-align: center;}

Ah, you're right - I think that should work!

--- Denise