Manual Sort does not work on the Home page

EdelweissEdelweiss Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 4, 2015 in Bug Reporting
It seems to work everywhere else, but when I try to Manually Sort the "Folders and Galleries" on the home page, sure I can move them into the positions I want and when I hit Done, nothing has changed.

Sort by Name or other sort options does not work either.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Don't know whether this helps, but the order of my top level folders in the Organizer is not the same as the order of stuff on my home page. IIRC, controlling the order on the home page depended on the order I added them to the galleries, folders and pages blocks there. Try selecting content and design in the customize menu on your home page, deleting the contents of the galleries and folders block(s) and adding them back in the order you want to see them on the home page.

Perhaps I'm missing something simpler. I sure hope so. Seems like this would be a royal PITA for anyone with a lot of galleries on their home page. I only have a few and don't expect them to change often, so I didn't dig into the problem much ne_nau.gif.
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    I have found that In a folder, folders are always placed before galleries. You can control the order by using a page instead of a folder.
    Could this be behind your problem?
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    Edelweiss wrote: »
    It seems to work everywhere else, but when I try to Manually Sort the "Folders and Galleries" on the home page, sure I can move them into the positions I want and when I hit Done, nothing has changed.

Sort by Name or other sort options does not work either.
    What type of box did you add to your homepage? Did you use as "folders, galleries and pages" box?
    This type of box allows you select any combination of folders, galleries or pages, in any order you want.
    But they show in the order you select and has to be re-selected if want want to change the order.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    What type of box did you add to your homepage? Did you use as "folders, galleries and pages" box?
    This type of box allows you select any combination of folders, galleries or pages, in any order you want.
    But they show in the order you select and has to be re-selected if want want to change the order.
    Yeah, that's what I have, and that's the way it works. I think what the OP is looking for is a way to sort the items on the homepage in the Organizer. Not an unreasonable request, but I don't think there's a way to do it. You could sort a bunch of galleries within a folder in the Organizer, but I don't know of a way to have the folder open when the home page loads. Dunno.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I have, and that's the way it works. I think what the OP is looking for is a way to sort the items on the homepage in the Organizer. Not an unreasonable request, but I don't think there's a way to do it.
    A request to sort galleries in a content block is logged at http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4257179-new-smugmug-need-a-better-way-to-sort-galleries. Unfortunately the feedback forum doesn't show the date that the feature was requested.

The request was for galleries but it really should be for all selected content, galleries, pages, and folders.

--- Denise