Options

Fading menu?

Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
edited October 10, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
OK...let me try to explain what I want - and I am not sure if it is even realizable.

We all know the pinned / unpinned headers. So what I want is not just to unpin my header and the menu included it is something more.

What I would like is for the header (or sider if you have yours on the side) to be able to fade out / vanish after a certain amount of time has passed, so that the photos of that gallery can take more room.
If the visitor than moves the mouse over a certain area (indicated preferably by the word menu in that area) the header and menu would come back in full size.
This way you would have the most space for your photo as soon as your visitor does not need to use the menu. And your visitor would have no need to scroll within your gallery to either move the header out of the way or see all of your photo (and the gallery-thumb if you have them in a filmstrip placed below your photos).

Unfortunately my own skills in CSS aren't in a place where I could tell if this is realizable and if it was how. So if any of the bright dgrinners here have an idea of how to work it, I would be glad if you could point me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance and a great weekend to all of you!

Lille Ulven
https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels