Options

"Updated" date/time incorrect on Category

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited January 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have a Family category on my home page. The Family gallery contains several galleries, and one sub-category.

I added a new gallery (Christmas 2005) to the Family category with pictures today and the "updated" time has not been updated. :D It still shows the date/time of the last update for the sub-category.

Bug? I did search and found this message, but it didn't have a response. :dunno

In a similar vein... The "Feature Photo" from the sub-gallery always shows up on my home page. I can't feature a picture from my Christmas gallery....

Please help!

I:lustSmugMug
Chris

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2006
    95Mcaj wrote:
    I have a Family category on my home page. The Family gallery contains several galleries, and one sub-category.

I added a new gallery (Christmas 2005) to the Family category with pictures today and the "updated" time has not been updated. :D It still shows the date/time of the last update for the sub-category.

Bug? I did search and found this message, but it didn't have a response. ne_nau.gif

In a similar vein... The "Feature Photo" from the sub-gallery always shows up on my home page. I can't feature a picture from my Christmas gallery....

Please help!

Iiloveyou.gifSmugMug

Hi Macj,

I'm not exactly sure if that's intended behavior or not. I'll ask Ben or JT to comment... thanks for posting!

Andy
  • Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 7, 2006
    95Mcaj wrote:

Bug? I did search and found this message, but it didn't have a response. ne_nau.gif

Please help!

Iiloveyou.gifSmugMug

Both the updated time and the featured photo are taken from the gallery in the first position in that category, so it will always pull it from that one gallery. I hope that clears it up!
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    Both the updated time and the featured photo are taken from the gallery in the first position in that category, so it will always pull it from that one gallery. I hope that clears it up!
    Great! All I had to do was go into "organize" and set my Christmas gallery order higher than the sub-category gallery.

Poof -- The date is set right, and I can set a Feature Photo of my choice.

Just thought I'd explain in case anyone else happens on the same issue.

Thanks for the explanation!
    Chris