Options

Changes in Context/Design Just This Gallery

ImSoSmugImSoSmug Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 16, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I set up a Gallery that I want to isolate from the rest of my site.
I thought I could do this by modifying
Just this Gallery
-Menu
---Links
Home
Browse
Search
and by changing those 3 link address to loop back to the same Gallery.
However, when I do, all the site menus are changed and not, Just this Gallery.
Is there a way to do this?

I plan to give out the Gallery address to a group of people and tell them that they can pass it on to other family members. But, I only want them to access to that one Gallery (ala Phanfare.) If you marked a site (Gallery) private, you couldn't go up or down from there, effectively isolating that Gallery (Site.)

If it worked, it would be a simple way to limit access to one Gallery. I just don't understand why making those changes to "Just this Gallery" modifies the menus site wide.

I'd appreciate any assistance.
John

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    ImSoSmug wrote: »
    I set up a Gallery that I want to isolate from the rest of my site.
    I thought I could do this by modifying
    Just this Gallery
    -Menu
    ---Links
    Home
    Browse
    Search
    and by changing those 3 link address to loop back to the same Gallery.
    However, when I do, all the site menus are changed and not, Just this Gallery.
    Is there a way to do this?

I plan to give out the Gallery address to a group of people and tell them that they can pass it on to other family members. But, I only want them to access to that one Gallery (ala Phanfare.) If you marked a site (Gallery) private, you couldn't go up or down from there, effectively isolating that Gallery (Site.)

If it worked, it would be a simple way to limit access to one Gallery. I just don't understand why making those changes to "Just this Gallery" modifies the menus site wide.

I'd appreciate any assistance.
    John

It won't work because everything you put in the "entire site" section will appear on all pages even if they are made custom.

The way to do it is turning on "hide owner" in the gallery settings under security & sharing. This will get rid of all your customizations and hide your site name so visitors can't see the rest of your site.

Dave
  • Options
    ImSoSmugImSoSmug Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2015
    pilotdave wrote: »
    It won't work because everything you put in the "entire site" section will appear on all pages even if they are made custom.

The way to do it is turning on "hide owner" in the gallery settings under security & sharing. This will get rid of all your customizations and hide your site name so visitors can't see the rest of your site.

Dave

Thanks Dave,
    That's exactly what I've been looking for.
    John