Options

Fall in Colonial Williamsburg

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 22, 2015 in Landscapes
Some shots from Colonial Williamsburg. The leaves seem to be browning up before developing their usual nice colors. A few trees are very nice. The Catawba tree leaves on Palace Green are starting to fall and are not very bright this year for some reason. People are still hoping the remaining green leaves on other trees will be prettier.

Christopher Wren Building, College of William and Mary

DSC_2278-8-XL.jpg

Re-enactor walking her dog before going to work.

DSC_2312-8-XL.jpg

Chownings Ale House

DSC_2367_8_9HDR-8-XL.jpg

Hartwell Perry Tavern sign (get the clues on the sign ?)

DSC_2386-8-2-XL.jpg

Bruton Parish Church... Oldest continuously active and most photographed church in America! I'm doing my part.

DSC_2389-8-XL.jpg

Looking towards the post office.

DSC_2332_3_4HDR-8-3-XL.jpg

Duke of Gloucester Street (the main street) looking towards the Capitol Building in the distance. Governor Francis Nicholson ordered the street to be 99 feet wide and all the houses to be six feet from it when the Capitol was moved here from Jamestown in 1699. He also named a separate street Francis and another one Nicholson. History is not for the modest.

DSC_2343-8-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2015
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    boco wrote: »
    Heel mooie reeks.
    grt,boco.

Boco, many thanks.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited October 21, 2015
    I like these - Williamsburg is a destination I have been meaning to return to, and your photos have reminded me of what I have been missing.

Thanks.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2015
    Somehow I missed this one! Nice work Wayne!
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I like these - Williamsburg is a destination I have been meaning to return to, and your photos have reminded me of what I have been missing.

Thanks.

Pathfinder, thanks for the kind review. In my "second career" now I volunteer and give tours at two locations in Colonial Williamsburg. Would love to take some photos with you. I've seen your website and think I could learn a thing or two.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Somehow I missed this one! Nice work Wayne!

Taz, always appreciated my friend! Took these last weekend looking for fall foliage.
    Regards!

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2015
    Great captures, we try to get down there twice a year.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Great captures, we try to get down there twice a year.

Charles, thank you very kindly! Went to work there today...weather is perfect and the leaves are looking good. Com'on down! I might try to get to Mabry's Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend.