D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited October 21, 2015 in People
i-fD3vG2q-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2015
    I was going to change the title to Scooter then I found the gentleman.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2015
    All IMHO and with all due respect... I find the lighting on the man to be unbelievable. The lighting on the rest is very nice although flirting with the line between good and obvious HDR, and it's not enough to overcome the mundanity of the subject. The man is too small to make a meaningful juxtaposition.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2015
    All IMHO and with all due respect... I find the lighting on the man to be unbelievable. The lighting on the rest is very nice although flirting with the line between good and obvious HDR, and it's not enough to overcome the mundanity of the subject. The man is too small to make a meaningful juxtaposition.

I have to agree with Jack. I think the lighting on the equipment is nice and tells a story but when you add the man and the odd lighting...it's a snapshot. I would crop it in from the right just enough to remove the man.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2015

agreed
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited October 21, 2015
    Two questions: Is that a doorway or a mirror? Is that a selfie?

I rather like it, though I agree that a larger figure would have been better..