Options

October water colors

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 28, 2015 in Landscapes
DSC_2399_400_401HDR-8-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2015
    Nice exposure for bright light! The reflection is really sweet!
    I could be wrong but I feel it is tilted to the right....the black dot towards the center in the sky can be taken out....
    I also feel that if an inch is taken from top it might improve.....
    Just some of my thoughts....Cheers!
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    Taz, as always your thoughts are valued. Have to say I saw the dot in the center sky after it was posted and just didn't have the energy to fix it at the time. I'm pretty sure it is a very distant bird. This is actually an HDR eek7.gif! The fall colors are just not popping here as of yet so I might revisit this sight in the next few days and take a another shot here. Regards! bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2015
    Your HDR are hard to diagnose as HDR.....a powerful tool to have in your back pocket!
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2015
    Great Capture thumb.gifthumb. I agree with Taz regarding cropping the top a bit. If there were some interesting clouds I would say save the sky, but here a crop at the top would put the focus more on the foliage.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great Capture thumb.gifthumb. I agree with Taz regarding cropping the top a bit. If there were some interesting clouds I would say save the sky, but here a crop at the top would put the focus more on the foliage.

Phil

Phil, I agree with cropping the sky. Thanks for the kind review. I'm going to this sight again in a day or so and see if the colors are a little brighter. Regards!

• Options
    edited October 21, 2015
    Crop, spot removal and alignment changed as suggested. Thanks Taz, Phil for input. bowdown.gif
    Alignment was made based on distant shore line at center (vanishing point) as the left and right shoreline are not equidistant from the camera.

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 23, 2015
    Great reflection, Wayne. The crispness and color juxtaposed by the calmness just grabs your eye and demands attention. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Great reflection, Wayne. The crispness and color juxtaposed by the calmness just grabs your eye and demands attention. thumb.gif

Joel, your kind comments mean a great deal. wings.gif
    I was a little disappointed that the leaf colors didn't seem to "pop" (no real red to speak of) so I'm going back there today and see what a repeat shot might look like. Regards!

• Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2015
    heel mooie foto.
    gebruik de weerspiegeling om hem recht te zetten.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2015
    boco wrote: »
    heel mooie foto.
    gebruik de weerspiegeling om hem recht te zetten.
    grt,boco.

Boco, I always appreciate your input.