Options

Trees at the Lake

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 29, 2015 in Landscapes
Morning sunrise at Lake Matoaka, William & Mary College. Thanks for looking.

DSC_2930a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3040a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3047a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3078a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3056a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3096a-8-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2015
    Nice! Color not matured yet!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 24, 2015
    Great set, Wayne! Really enjoying the compositions with the magnificent reflections. What an incredible location. I agree with my friend, Taz. The colors look like they're getting ready to explode, and I trust you'll be there to catch it! deal.gif
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2015
    heel mooi, misschien een paar weken later nog eens gaan voor nog meer kleur.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,041 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2015
    Love these shots, composition and location.

So, how did you get the trees to move and form themselves into a shape to fit the dock in #3? :Dne_nau.gif
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2015
    Great set. Really liking 3,4 and 6. thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice! Color not matured yet!

Taz, You're the master !
    kdog wrote: »
    Great set, Wayne! Really enjoying the compositions with the magnificent reflections. What an incredible location. I agree with my friend, Taz. The colors look like they're getting ready to explode, and I trust you'll be there to catch it! deal.gif

Joel, thanks so much. Yes, indeed! I will be back there this week to check it out. Hopefully the weather will be as great as it was on this day.
    boco wrote: »
    heel mooi, misschien een paar weken later nog eens gaan voor nog meer kleur.
    grt,boco.

Boco, I always! appreciate you great observations!bowdown.gif
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Love these shots, composition and location.

So, how did you get the trees to move and form themselves into a shape to fit the dock in #3? :Dne_nau.gif

Haha...as Bob Ross the painter used to say..."Happy accidents will happen." I actually saw that shaping up in the viewfinder and started positioning myself to accentuate the effect.
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great set. Really liking 3,4 and 6. thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Phil, coming from one with your talents, that means a bunch to me! I will post from here again later in the week when the colors should be better.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2015
    Very appealing shots Wayne! thumb.gif... looks like a soothing place to spend some time.
    As others have noted, the geometry and reflections work very well together.
    Nice work guy! clap.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Very appealing shots Wayne! thumb.gif... looks like a soothing place to spend some time.
    As others have noted, the geometry and reflections work very well together.
    Nice work guy! clap.gif

Eric, thanks kindly for the positive feedback. Hard to believe this lake is in the middle of Williamsburg just a block or so from the main campus at William & Mary College.

• Options
    edited October 26, 2015
    Getting there...not quite in full fall colors yet...

DSC_3556_7_8HDRa-8-3-X2.jpg

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2015
    Love #6, kind of an abstract. One that you have to stare at and find the hidden subject.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Love #6, kind of an abstract. One that you have to stare at and find the hidden subject.

It even looked that way through the viewfinder! Thanks for the kind comments!

• Options
    edited October 29, 2015
    From today...

DSC_3966-8-2-X2.jpg

DSC_3868A-8-X2.jpg

DSC_3993a-8-X2.jpg