Options

antelope Canyon

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited October 29, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Found this hiding in my Antelope Canyon folder.
2007-11-08-SL-_MG_1585-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2015
    Killer shot! Palpitations!
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2015
    Nice Sam

Was it crowded when you were there?
    Rags
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2015
    Great lines, great composition and the processing here is excellent. bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2015
    The color and processing is good.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2015
    This was taken in 2007 and there were only two people in the canyon, myself and my friend Dave. The operators of the canyon had to come down and tell us it was time to leave. :D

Sam
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    This was taken in 2007 and there were only two people in the canyon, myself and my friend Dave. The operators of the canyon had to come down and tell us it was time to leave. :D

Sam

Sounds like you, Sam. Nice result.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited October 29, 2015
    I really like this shot. There's something organic about it, as if it were a high-res image of a knee joint, or something like that. Very cool indeed.

Oh yeah, why does a canyon need an operator? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I really like this shot. There's something organic about it, as if it were a high-res image of a knee joint, or something like that. Very cool indeed.

Thanks everyone!!

One thing I discovered awhile ago is to look for pictures within pictures, and sometimes revisiting older archived images can yield nice results.

Sam
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2015
    Richard wrote: »

That Canyon is on Indian lands & they manage the spot

Some years ago French tourists were killed when there was flash flooding

The erosion depicted is the result of that flooding

Since then the "watchmen" clear the canyon when there is a threat of rain up canyon
    Rags
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2015
    torags wrote: »
    That Canyon is on Indian lands & they manage the spot

Some years ago French tourists were killed when there was flash flooding

The erosion depicted is the result of that flooding

Since then the "watchmen" clear the canyon when there is a threat of rain up canyon

Yes on the flash flood, and on clearing the canyon. No on this particular flash flood causing the erosion we see, or why the tribe is managing the canyon.

The geological feature we see have been created over a very long period of time. Any recent water traveling through the canyon will contribute and alter the features to some extent.

The why is simple, whatever exits will be claimed by some entity. The entities that have the most power are called governments, hence governments own almost every thing.

The tribal lands, Indian government, where the canyons are located charge $$ to walk through. The real reason is money. I am sure they are happy to clear the canyon if a flash flood warning is issued but they aren't gonna hang around for weeks on end for free.

Sam

PS: If I owned it I wouldn't let it be unattended for idiots to run through, vandalize, spray paint with graffiti, and whatever else the brain dead do. :D
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2015
    Sam, every time I look at your landscape and nature photos, I'm just blown away. This one is outstanding. I love all of the layers, the gently swaying lines, and a little subtle ambiguity in the subject itself. Great light, great post, great everything, as usual my friend.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2015
    Sam, every time I look at your landscape and nature photos, I'm just blown away. This one is outstanding. I love all of the layers, the gently swaying lines, and a little subtle ambiguity in the subject itself. Great light, great post, great everything, as usual my friend.

Thank you, I am humbled .

Sam
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!!

One thing I discovered awhile ago is to look for pictures within pictures, and sometimes revisiting older archived images can yield nice results.

Sam
    Nice shot and I agree with your statement, lately I have been doing quite a bit of that.