Options

Smart Gallery geography parameter

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,834 Major grins
edited October 30, 2015 in SmugMug Support
When I use the geography parameter on a smart gallery (like here: http://www.sarasphotos.de/PublicGalleries/Bike-Tours/Biking-around-Augsburg/) it seems to be a crap shoot how many miles are chosen as radius. I gather it has something to do with how far you're zoomed in/out when you drop the pin.

Is there any way to change this value after the fact or do you just have to open another map and drop the pin on a different zoom? It seems a very inelegant solution to me... I'd love to have a blank where we could enter the number of kilometers/miles that we'd like as radius and then a graphic representation of the area selected.

Cheers, Sara

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2015
    At the moment, if the radius is set by the zoom level when you initially drop the pin on the map. There's not really a great way to edit that radius, other than to use a new Smart rule, and drop a new pin when zoomed in as closely as you want to your location (as you have already figured out). I can see how that option does leave some room for improvement, though, and I'll be happy to pass along your suggestion. We also encourage you to let us know about what features are important to you by using our user feedback site here. You can vote on existing feature requests, and request your own features here.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero