Options

Lake Matoaka Revisited

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited November 1, 2015 in Landscapes
The colors are peaking here so I took another trip out to my favorite "reflections" lake this morning. C's & C's are always welcomed.

DSC_4295b-8-2-X2.jpg

DSC_4251a-8-X2.jpg

DSC_4299-8-X2.jpg

DSC_4306-8-2-X2.jpg

DSC_4331-8-2-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2015
    #3 is working for me! Last one is really cool but focus is soft....
    Cheers m8!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    #3 is working for me! Last one is really cool but focus is soft....
    Cheers m8!

Taz, have to be honest here, the colors seem to have lost a little pop between my computer --->SmugMug--->here. I'm a little disappointed.
    You're right about the last shot. It's an 80-400mm Nikkor VR lens cranked all the way to 400 which I had on spot centered focusing. The feathers on the heron didn't get as crisp as I would have liked. Looks as if the lens focused on the leaves behind the bird and at f/5.6 for light the DOF was small. Should have cranked the aperture down a little...maybe to f/8 but because it was handheld shot I opted for faster shutter speed. Regards!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2015
    Taz, have to be honest here, the colors seem to have lost a little pop between my computer --->SmugMug--->here. I'm a little disappointed.
    You're right about the last shot. It's an 80-400mm Nikkor VR lens cranked all the way to 400 which I had on spot centered focusing. The feathers on the heron didn't get as crisp as I would have liked. Looks as if the lens focused on the leaves behind the bird and at f/5.6 for light the DOF was small. Should have cranked the aperture down a little...maybe to f/8 but because it was handheld shot I opted for faster shutter speed. Regards!

I know what you mean......what I see in my PS window.....I never seen anywhere else...:D
    I have made peace with it.
    For me, wildlife works with single center point....
    Last photo is just fine.....maybe localized contrast on Heron's face as on my monitor it is too bright and getting lost....
    Cheers Wayne!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I know what you mean......what I see in my PS window.....I never seen anywhere else...:D
    I have made peace with it.
    For me, wildlife works with single center point....
    Last photo is just fine.....maybe localized contrast on Heron's face as on my monitor it is too bright and getting lost....
    Cheers Wayne!

Many thanks Taz!