Options

"get a link" option in the mobile app/website

BadBertBadBert Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
edited November 13, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Ok, first of all, i love smugmug :)

and i am glad, that it is now again compatible with the dolphin mobile web browser.
BUT.....

what i REALLY miss is the "get a link" option! On the normal site, this option is available, and then i can choose a size of the image and copy the link to post on a forum.

Can you guys please add this to the app and mobile site????

there are fora where i am not allowed to post big pictures, and when i copy the image link via the app or mobil site now, i only get the link to the full size image!!!

pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze add this!!!

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    BadBert wrote: »
    Can you guys please add this to the app and mobile site????

Excellent timing on this question BadBert! I announced a preview of our new "Share Panel" (will replace "Get-a-Link") over in the Product News forum (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255286), which will now be displayed and load properly on mobile devices through the Mobile Web.

Additionally, in the very near future you'll see brand new iOS and Android apps hitting their respective stores, which will have the option to "Copy Link" a photo. This will copy a link to the photo in the gallery to the devices clipboard.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Awsome on the "share panel" Exactly what i was hoping for :D

it would be cool to see the same functionality on the app, so that you can copy the link to the size image you want to the clipboard!

• Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    Ok, sonthe share panel on the mobile site is AWSOME

Just got the update on the app, but the share panelnis not there?
    Still can't shoose the get a link function with size selection :(

But it is there on the mobile site, so at least I can use smugmug purely on mobile now ;)
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 11, 2015
    You won't be able to choose size options from the iOS/Android apps, but you can get a link directly to the photo (lightbox link), which you can then use to open the Share Panel.

I'll pass along the embed sizes as a feature request to our mobile team.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    You won't be able to choose size options from the iOS/Android apps, but you can get a link directly to the photo (lightbox link), which you can then use to open the Share Panel.

I'll pass along the embed sizes as a feature request to our mobile team.
    Getting the right link to the right size image traight from the app, makes the app the ultimate mobile way to use smugmug.

But as I said : the mobile website works perfectly now! So i can use smugmug now completely on my mobile!
  • Options
    tartan snowtartan snow Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2015
    I'm using Windows 8.1 on PC and the 'get a link' option to share a gallery is no longer available! I use it to share unlisted galleries. There's only the option to share individual photos. Is that a fault or is that the way it's to be because that's no use to me?
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2015
    For the gallery, you can use the browser url?
    Or do you mean something else?
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2015
    BadBert wrote: »
    For the gallery, you can use the browser url?
    Or do you mean something else?

Yes thanks I can do that. I preferred it as it was previously though.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited November 13, 2015
    Yes thanks I can do that. I preferred it as it was previously though.
    Really? I never used share... get a link for the the gallery link - it's many more clicks than simply grabbing the link from the browser bar.

And (as far as I know) the old share dialog used flash; the new one does not. That's huge!

--- Denise
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    Excellent timing on this question BadBert! I announced a preview of our new "Share Panel" (will replace "Get-a-Link") over in the Product News forum (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255286), which will now be displayed and load properly on mobile devices through the Mobile Web.

Additionally, in the very near future you'll see brand new iOS and Android apps hitting their respective stores, which will have the option to "Copy Link" a photo. This will copy a link to the photo in the gallery to the devices clipboard.

Yes, need "copy link" ASAP! Thanks.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2015
    Really? I never used share... get a link for the the gallery link - it's many more clicks than simply grabbing the link from the browser bar.

And (as far as I know) the old share dialog used flash; the new one does not. That's huge!

--- Denise

Yes, really. It was only 2 clicks, 1 on the share button and 1 on the copy button and not only that but all the options were right there in one box on one list whether it was a gallery link, a buy link or a single photo and you could copy a galley link then a photo link or a buy link without ever having to switch to another tab. With this new system it is actually many more clicks. Click the share button now and it brings up a box with Photo, Social, Slideshow, Cart. You then have to click on whichever one of those you want then if you choose Photo for example you are then faced with further options of 8 sizes and a html box to tick (or not). Far more tedious in my opinion.