Options

Navbar, breadcrumbs etc. "unattached" to background slideshow

TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited November 2, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I've noticed with my SM site (not published yet) that on the home page with slideshow that all the items that overlay the slideshow (navbar, breadcrumbs, social icons) can be moved independent of the background. An easy way to see this is when on the homepage use the mouse scroll button to move the overlayed items up/down. On non-slideshow pages this does not happen. Is there a setting or technique to lock the overlayed items to the slideshow background?

PS - I am using stretchy throughout in attempt to have a site that also works well on mobile devices.
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2015
    At the bottom of the layout tab is pinning.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    At the bottom of the layout tab is pinning.

Thanks Allen. Pinning is set to none. Am I understanding correctly that with none of the sections pinned, they should all move together? In my case the background stays stationary (i.e., is pinned?) and the navbar, breadcrumbs, and social icons all scroll up/down, over a stationary background. I changed the pinning setting to each of its options but nothing really changed. If I go to any page other than the home page they scroll properly together. Ideas?
    Jerry

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    Hi Jerry,
    Pinning is a setting in the different section of your site (entire site, homepage, all folders and all galleries). If you have disabled pinning in a section, like your homepage, but still see parts of your site pinned when you scroll down, check the "entire site" section, where it may still be enabled.

If you have further questions, could you include a link to the specific page you're looking at? Without a link to the page in question, it's difficult to answer some questions as we have no way to see your site / settings.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Thanks to all for things to try. SM Hero Zac came up with the solution: Set Fill Height setting to OFF in the Customize > Layout tab and that removed the scrolling and sized the page down.
    Jerry