Options

Knew it was coming, forgot it was coming....

jskwarekjskwarek Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
edited November 2, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Knew the site changes were coming but have been so busy I honestly didn't even think about it until a customer e-mailed me that my site was crashed.

I guess it's time to get it fixed. For now, is there any code written to lock down the clients link, again?

TIA, Jason

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    I'd suggest you contact the help desk.
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    Hi Jason,
    If you just would like to lock down a folder, you could password protect it via the organizer. Select the folder in question and click on the settings wheel. In the security&sharing section, you would then be able adjust the access setting to password protect the folder.
    Password protecting a folder would also automatically protect all folders, galleries and pages in it. For additional information on folder settings, check out this help page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    jskwarekjskwarek Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    Thank you RainForest1155, what I'm wanting to do is setup a Client logon. This was a CSS mod we could do with the old site. But, I don't see this customization as an option on the new site.

Jason
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    Hi Jason,
    You can take a look at the new private sharing feature and the client area that it provides.

If you don't wish to require clients to register for a guest account or would like them to be able to share their galleries with others, you could make use of our regular privacy features, like unlisting and / or password protecting galleries. For details on the different visibility and access settings available for folders and galleries, you can go here.

Alternatively, you could also look at Sherlock's client login system. Just note that this is not something provided by us and requires the use of Sherlock's site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero