Options

Re-arranage photos manually with new SmugMug?

emiliewasmyeveemiliewasmyeve Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited November 2, 2015 in SmugMug Support
The new SmugMug really has me messed up. ;)

I have two questions:

1. How do you re-arrange photos manually--like drag and drop--with the new SmugMug?

2. Is there a way to make ALL galleries have the collage layout?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited November 2, 2015
    You can do drag and drop arranging in the Organizer.

I don't know of a way to change all gallery styles at once (but that doesn't mean there isn't one). The all galleries settings in Customize->Content and Design do not include style, and the Organizer does not let you select more than one gallery at a time. The quickest way that I know of is to go through the galleries one by one in the Organizer and hit the settings button, then go to the appearance tab.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Thanks, Richard. I hope there is a way to bulk-change gallery style, as I have like 300 galleries! :)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited November 2, 2015
    2. Is there a way to make ALL galleries have the collage layout?
    The help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1214935-what-are-gallery-styles- seems to indicate you can change all galleries to a default style at once. See the section that starts:
    Change It

You can change your gallery style one of two ways: using the Customizer or the Organizer.

Customizer Way
    For All Galleries: To change the default gallery style for all your galleries, navigate to any gallery on your site and click Customize > Content and Design.

Make sure you select All Galleries in the top section of your Customizer window, then click the wrench icon next to Gallery.
    Read down past the section I've pasted here for full instructions.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Uf, that's a rather round-about way of getting to the setting--no wonder I didn't realize it was there.

But it sure beats changing 300 galleries manually thumb.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited November 2, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Uf, that's a rather round-about way of getting to the setting--no wonder I didn't realize it was there.

But it sure beats changing 300 galleries manually thumb.gif
    You can also use bulk change in organizer to change multiple galleries at once. The key with bulk change is it is done at a folder level, open the folder, select multiple galleries, then do a bulk change.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1240194-how-do-i-change-settings-for-multiple-galleries-at-once-

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    That worked! Denise to the rescue, again. :)

And where do we update pricing profiles/pricing for galleries?
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Thanks Denise. The trick is that you have to select them in the main window. I had been trying to select them in the hierarchy sidebar, but that doesn't work.

Damn--looks like I had better RTFM. I hate it when that happens lol3.gif.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    N/M--figured out the pricing stuff.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Okay, I lied. I figured out how to access pricing lists in Account Settings > Business > Selling. However, how do I apply that pricing list to all galleries? I thought it was applied, but when I logout and view galleries as a client, it's the default SmugMug pricing.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2015
    Should I start a new thread under sales?

Okay, so under my "Pricelists" tab in Acct Settings/Business, I see the pricelist I've always used as default. It has a blue star by it, but when I click edit, it does not give me the option to "make this my default pricelist" like the other lists on there. I'm so confused.

I'm fairly tech savvy, believe it or not. The previous SmugMug seemed so intuitive; this "new" version is clunky and confusing.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2015
    The default applies everywhere so everywhere is already set.

On that page you can select the pricelist then click "edit list". Click "Galleries" button and browse and select its galleries.

Or in any gallery click "Sell" at the top, Gallery Pricing, Manage Pricelists.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-
    Scroll down to:
    Apply Your Pricing to Galleries and Photos
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog