Options

Experiment

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited November 16, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
I went on a trip, the weather was lousy, I shot lousy pictures. I decided to play a bit and came up wit this... CCs welcome!

cz_2014_0018-12-4-X2.jpg

cz_2014_0018-15-2-XL.jpg

How do I get rid of the squares in the background?

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2015
    They have this x-ray/night vision vibe. They are really cool! Whatever one can say about them, word 'lousy' won't be one of them! Cheers!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2015
    These catch your attention. The second seems to need a crop down from the top.
    As to the "squares" in the background, if you are using PS, might try Filter >Blur> Gaussian Blur (on a background copy layer) to "dissolve" the subtle lines with then adding a layer mask to bring back as much resolution as you want wherever you choose.
    I agree with Taz, nothing that resembles "lousy" here to be found
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited November 8, 2015
    Thanks guys . I added a third short...
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2015
    These catch your attention. The second seems to need a crop down from the top.
    As to the "squares" in the background, if you are using PS, might try Filter >Blur> Gaussian Blur (on a background copy layer) to "dissolve" the subtle lines with then adding a layer mask to bring back as much resolution as you want wherever you choose.
    I agree with Taz, nothing that resembles "lousy" here to be found

Thank you Wayne for showing me how to do this. Your edit was very good. I'm going to attempt my own right now. Again, many thanks.clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Thank you Wayne for showing me how to do this. Your edit was very good. I'm going to attempt my own right now. Again, many thanks.clap.gif

Cristóbal, I had a very nice image from which to start! You are much too kind!

Take care!

Wayne
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited November 9, 2015
    Here is a rework of #2 following Wayne's advice (not to the letter I admit...)

cz_2014_0018-15a-X2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Here is a rework of #2 following Wayne's advice (not to the letter I admit...)

cz_2014_0018-15a-X2.jpg

The picture didn't post with your comment for me...but I went to your website and looked. Excellent rework! thumb.gif

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2015
    Very nice stuff Juana

you might like to try slight sepia nuance on one

A real good direction for creativity
    Rags
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2015
    I reposted the shot. Thanks for the comments !
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2015
    Venturing into a new dimension of reality with these pics! Love the out-there techniques! --Carter
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2015
    ... and my fav is #1. What a landscape! (An x-scape)