Options

Mono Alpenglow

Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited November 9, 2015 in Landscapes
Hi. I'm new on this site, inspired to join by images of some dilapidated cabins posted on another thread by Stumblebum. I shot the same cabins on the weekend shoot a couple of years ago that helped me get more serious about my photography. Here is a shot taken a couple of miles from Stumblebum's cabins back in 2012. I love the scene, but recognize that the composition is off. The knob at the left is a little distracting and failure to capture the rest of the s curve of the lake's shoreline prevents it from being a stronger image. Live and learn. Which is why I'm here. Love to see your work and to learn from the astute folks who post here. Bryan

i-W4wvnsD-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2015
    This is very nice! Went by this spot few times and didn't see this shot but you did! Textures, layers, colors and comp are all very appealing! Cheers!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2015
    Welcome. It looks good to me. We can always second-guess our compositions.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2015
    Very nicely done. The colors are nicely processed and I agree with Taz and Don that the composition is good!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 8, 2015
    Welcome to the Landscapes forum, Eldon. clap.gif You've got yourself a really nice and unique comp there! thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2015
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the encouragement.
    Bryan
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited November 9, 2015
    I love images of Mono Lake. You got the pink/blue sky there - nice!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2015
    Thanks, David. I'm in love with the Eastern Sierra region. It's usually very windy there, so rare to find Mono Lake with a glassy surface.
    Bryan