Options

Ghost Bridge

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited November 16, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_5085-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2015
    Outstanding! clap.gif
    Very nice composition, and a ghost indeed!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Outstanding! clap.gif
    Very nice composition, and a ghost indeed!

Eric, means a lot to me. Thank you!

Take care,

Wayne
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2015
    Very unique comp Wayne! After literally having seen hundreds of thousands of images, never seen one quiet like this! The curves, the rocks, the fade, the comp.....all something different. One may find one or two of those aspects here and there......and ignerts myself would have just focused on the fade.....but the combo here is unique!
    Congrats!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2015
    Wow !! That is VERY nice... clap.gif
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,830 moderator
    edited November 11, 2015
    Excellence in seeing, capturing and processing!!! clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Very unique comp Wayne! After literally having seen hundreds of thousands of images, never seen one quiet like this! The curves, the rocks, the fade, the comp.....all something different. One may find one or two of those aspects here and there......and ignerts myself would have just focused on the fade.....but the combo here is unique!
    Congrats!
    Juano wrote: »
    Wow !! That is VERY nice... clap.gif
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Excellence in seeing, capturing and processing!!! clap.gif

Taz, Cristóbal and Ziggy, thanks for your time and very kind comments. Your input is always helpful. There was a heavy fog on the York River yesterday morning and I thought fog and B&W would go well together.

Regards!

Wayne

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2015
    Excellent shot, Wayne. thumb.gif Your conversion work is spot on. The composition leads to a very well balanced presentation. Another winner for you.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    Excellent shot, Wayne. thumb.gif Your conversion work is spot on. The composition leads to a very well balanced presentation. Another winner for you.

Take care,

Tom

Tom, I have to tell you that our focus on balance in the "Roots" thread help guide me to this spot with the tripod. I owe you one!

Thanks again,

Wayne

• Options
    Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2015
    Love the composition as well. Contrast and saturation are perfect for this really nice image. Great work!
    Bryan
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    Eldon Shea wrote: »
    Love the composition as well. Contrast and saturation are perfect for this really nice image. Great work!
    Bryan

Bryan, your thoughtful comments and kind assessment are sincerely appreciated! I'm really enjoying the work you have recently posted! thumb.gif

Take care,

Wayne

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited November 11, 2015
    I really like this one Wayne. The balance between the foreground and the disappearing bridge is excellent.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    I really like this one Wayne. The balance between the foreground and the disappearing bridge is excellent.

--- Denise

Denise bowdown.gif, your thoughts are highly valued by me. Thanks so much!

Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 11, 2015
    Excellent image, well seen, captured and processed. If it were mine, I'd flip it horizontally, as I'm used to "reading" from left to right and I prefer a fade-out to a fade-in. Just a thought--it certainly works fine as is. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Excellent image, well seen, captured and processed. If it were mine, I'd flip it horizontally, as I'm used to "reading" from left to right and I prefer a fade-out to a fade-in. Just a thought--it certainly works fine as is. clap.gif

Richard, a very thoughtful comment and now something for me to experiment with. Your perspective is always much appreciated on this end!

Many thanks! bowdown.gif

Wayne

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2015
    Richard wrote: »

Great point! Unless you read in Arabic!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2015
    Yorktown?

Well done.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    Yorktown?

Well done.

Willard, you are right again. The George P. Coleman Bridge connecting Yorktown with the town of Gloucester, Va. Thanks for the kind comment buddy!

Take care,

Wayne

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2015
    A wonderful image! Great lines, composition and processing. Well seen and captured. thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    A wonderful image! Great lines, composition and processing. Well seen and captured. thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Thank you, Phil! That makes my day!

Take care,

Wayne

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2015
    Awesome! Everything works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Awesome! Everything works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter, your input is much valued and appreciated!