L.A. Auto Show

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited January 9, 2006 in Holy Macro
Went to the L.A. Auto show, like we do every year... lots of fun as usual, and some really sweet cars....

kind of hard to get shots without people, but I like this one...

what do you think? I did some work on it, but feel it came out half way decent...

Comments and suggestions and critiques, and sticks and stones... always welcome :)

51484297-L.jpg

shot with my 717

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Hell, looks perfect to me... untrained eye though.
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Thats a sweet car. Nice Sharp picture. I think it would be better if it was a little more to the left. Have you cropped it at all? If not you could try to get rid of all the dead space. But either way, it looks Nice and Sharp.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Yes, yes..Very nice. Want one
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Very sharp, nice angle, excellent exposure. You could have perhaps turned the camera a bit left and included a little more of the nose instead of the dead space. Of course that may very well have muffed it up as I said that I like the angle.

Overall it's an excellent car-show shot! clap.gif
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Nice shot. I've done the same type of shot with my 717 at the Philly Auto Show. The turntable it's on makes things a bit tricky.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    I think it came out great. I wish all the people wouldn't go to the auto show, then the pics would be so much easier... I almost... ALMOST scored a press pass to the Detroit International Auto Show. With it, you get in the press days. There are 4 press days, and after the first, it is empty... great for taking photos. Anyone lurking out there in the Detroit area that is reading this and has a press pass the want me to borrow for a day, please contact me!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos