Options

Question on watermarks

ImorozoffImorozoff Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited December 4, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I'm a new user and am not sure if this is even possible, and I didn't find anything to clarify. I would like my galleries to display images that I've watermarked myself in PS. This allows me to control the location of the watermark based on the content of the photo. These would be images sized about 1024px or so.

Can somehow also upload the original, unwatermarked image for selling/printing? Obviously I don't want to sell prints from lower res watermarked versions, but also don't want unwatermarked images in my galleries.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2015
    I may well be wrong - at my age, I often am!!!

Upload your low res, watermarked images.
    Set your galleries to "proof delay".
    You will then get an email when some-one wants to buy print xxxxx.
    You have a few days to then replace the low res image with your high res "original".
    See here for details:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/84523-proof-delay

Another possible workaround might be to upload your watermarked images, have someone decide to purchase the image from that view and then you self fulfill the order for them - obviously, more work for you.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited December 4, 2015
    If you have a portfolio or business account you can specify that the photos be watermarked in smugmug - upload unwatermarked photos that are used for product fulfillment, smug will apply watermarks to the display copies but not the originals. You can specify where the watermark is placed.

In order for proof delay to work as recommended above you would also need a portfolio or business account.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343. Note the section that shows watermark placement.

You would need to define multiple watermarks to cover your placement requirements, then apply the appropriate watermark to each photo in smugmug.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ImorozoffImorozoff Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2015
    Thank you all for the replies. "Proof Delay" is what I'm looking for. I'm still learning SmugMug's terminology. :-)