Options

Dimension Box Not Showing Up Under All Galleries

kgphotoskgphotos Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited December 6, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi everyone. I was hoping someone here could help me with this. When I click on Customize-Content and Design and then click on All Galleries my Dimension box doesn't show up. It comes up as an empty box. When I am in a gallery, I just get the wrench that lets me choose what gallery style I want. I used to be able to get a dimension box that let me adjust my margins, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this? Everything works fine on my website. It's just that Gallery Dimension box doesn't show up so I can't adjust the margins on my gallery pages. I am attaching a photo so you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks for your help!

my website: http://www.karengrantphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited December 4, 2015
    I don't remember a dimensions icon over the gallery display, just the wrench icon.

As far as I know, to change the margins on your galleries - after clicking "all galleries", click the Layout button in the sidebar, then adjust the margins.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2015
    Hi Denise. Thanks for responding. There was a box there like there is under the All Folders section. I remember this because I was adjusting the margins in the All Gallery Dimension box yesterday afternoon. Then I logged back in at night and that's when this started. Now, I can't adjust the container width or the left and right margins. If I go to the All Folders, I get a box that lets me adjust the top, left, right bottom and container margins.

I do get the wrench icon when I am in a gallery. Above that was the gallery dimension box. Now all I get is the wrench. And when I click on All Galleries I get that empty box.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2015
    Here is a photo of the dimension box I used to get when I was in a gallery. It does not show up now when I am in a gallery or or All Gallery settings. I just get the wrench when I am in a gallery. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2015
    What is the type of content block for which you are trying to adjust the dimensions? In the image you just posted, it looks like the content block is a photo block.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2015
    The Dimensions box will appear if it is a widget added to the page. Your example is the standard gallery page photo area.
    Only recently have the added the settings for this area. Dimensions are handled in the layout tab.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2015
    @ ChancyRat...it is a Gallery Content Block.

Ok...I think I am beginning to understand this....So let's say I want to adjust just the right margin. How would I do that? If I go into the Layout tab I don't have the option to just adjust the right margin in All Galleries. My choices are, Top, Side Bottom. If I adjust the side margins, that would move the left margin as well from what I've been told. So is it possible to just adjust the right margin in my All Galleries? I just want to move the right margin a little to the left, so it's even with my folder margins. The left margins look fine.

Thank you for your replies.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2015
    Ok Thanks everyone for your help! I got it figured out! clap.gif