Mini Challenge #217 - Backlight - The results

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited December 7, 2015 in The Dgrin Challenges
Wow, there’s been some really great entries. Thanks everyone for your submissions :)

Here’s my completely subjective and very personal top 3.

1. puzzledpaul's duck.

Congratulations. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's clear what's happening, no distractions and a great mood. This is awesome :thumb

attachment.php?attachmentid=40302&stc=1&d=1448750311

2. Reaching for the light by Cavalier.

The light and the colours and the mood are great. Lovely bokeh. Must have been hard to focus correctly too. There is a lot going on, and the the bug gets a little bit lost in the background. It's competing a bit with the flower as a subject. Great work though!

IMG_1610%20raw%20adj-XL.jpg

3. End of a long day by Gatto.

Cool! Very nice. Great colours and I love the positioning of the sun. Well done. I do believe however that the composition could do without the right side of the photo and in my opinion it would make a stronger image if cropped to portrait. (And may I suggest a more subtle signature in you photo's?).

23142645640_8fef4d9698_b.jpg

And an honorable mention for Synature.

I love this one. It has a great story to it and it's a lot of fun. But it could do with a bit more contrast for drama's sake. And cropping off the right to make it a square would improve composition in my opinion.

Slackline%20in%20Peace%20Park-05018-XL.jpg

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2015
    Well, thanks (I think :) ) for deciding that my pic 'hit the spot' of what you were looking for in this title ... I definitely agree with your sentiments re light direction when taking pics.

I'll have an overnight ponder on this and there'll (almost certainly) be something up by this time tomorrow.

pp
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2015
    Congrats to the winner and I'm looking forward to the next mini-challenge! clap.gif
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2015
    Congratulations PP and all the winers! clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2015
    Thank you for the honorable mention. Appreciate your comments, I agree more contrast might be nice; however, for me the story trumped the back lighting and wanted more horizontal space. Certainly were a lot of great images this time around.
    Brandon Smith
    http://redwoodtwig.com
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.