Options

Password protection

jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
edited December 6, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I just noticed something that I haven't seen before. I have a password protected site with family photos, I happened to visit it using a browser that wasn't logged in and noticed that the menus were visible.

Is that normal? Is there some way to get the site to hide everything until logged in.
Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• Options
    photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2015
    When you visit your password protected site you see a menu (header ) and the box to enter the password in the middle of the screen, correct?
  • Options
    jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2015
    Yes
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2015
    Got it. I have the same situation. "Site Viewing Password" is, unfortunately, applied only to the Body section of your website. Header and Footer section are absolutely exposed regardless of the active password. A temporary workaround I use is to hide Header and Footer on a system password page: http://websitename.com/password.

Go into customazer
    Navigate to: http://websitename.com/password
    Add CSS block to that page
    Add the following code:
    .sm-page-content .sm-page-layout >.sm-page-layout-region-header,
    .sm-page-content .sm-page-layout >.sm-page-layout-region-footer {
      display:none !important;
    }

There is one problem with this approach: it will hide Header and Footer on ALL pages where the password is asked. Meaning that if you have a gallery on your password protected site that is also pasword protected with a different password then you will not see Header and Folder if you click on that gallery and land on a page asking you for a password for that specific gallery (even if you are already logged in with the site-wide viewing password)