Options

Urgent: Hide logo on Folder/Gallery?

akcorcoranakcorcoran Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited December 10, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi -

I have been racking my brain on how to do this? I would like to remove MY header/logo (not the smugmug one) for a particular folder and then the four galleries within. I have them set to make this folder/gallery page unique ("just this folder" or "just this gallery") but it still shows the logo as side wide?

It seems like within the settings that it should allow me to do whatever I want in just this folder/gallery, but it still applies the change sitewide?! That's so frustrating!

Can I do it through CSS? I'd like the ability to have the logo area custom within one folder/gallery.

I have a class reunion site of photos and I'd like to just share their photos, not my personal name/logo.
The page is here:
https://teamcorcoran.smugmug.com/Photograph-Sharing/NPHS-Class-of-1964-Reunion

Thank you SO much for the help!

Alexa

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2015
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2015
    If this is the folder /NPHS-Class-of-1964-Reunion
    The 1st line below removes it on that specific folder page.
    The 2nd line removes it for all the children of that folder.
    .sm-page-node-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-logo,
    .sm-page-parentnode-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-logo {
        display: none;
        }

.sm-page-node-BXdnz is your homepage class name. Using .sm-page-parentnode-BXdnz will remove
    the logo on all folders, galleries and pages below the homepage. Not what you want.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
        }

.sm-page-node-BXdnz is your homepage class name. Using .sm-page-parentnode-BXdnz will remove
    the logo on all folders, galleries and pages below the homepage. Not what you want.

Obviously I've never used that so I missed that. Still not 100% sure I understand the page-node/page-parentnode stuff. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2015
    Easy - the html of every single page includes the list of "names" of ALL the parents (folders) according to the hierarchy in the organizer.

FolderA
    ---FolderB
    FolderC
    Gallery1

The body tag of the Gallery1 webpage will contain "class=.sm-page-parentnode-FolderA .sm-page-parentnode-FolderB .sm-page-parentnode-FolderC .sm-page-node-Gallery1". This way you can create css based on whether or not "you" are in this particualr hierarchy branch. Of course instead of FolderA-C you have the usual alpha-numeric code like nKMZZ37 :)
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    You all are amazing - thank you SOOO much!!! I really really appreciate it! If I could bug you one more, could you pass on the command to remove the Nav - I tried (again) using the Content and Design options but it wouldn't remove the Home | Browse | Search bar? Thank you SO much!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
        }

Thank you - this worked like a charm!!! I am new to the whole node stuff as well but this is exactly what I needed!
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    If you look in the page source of any page, at the top you'll see the <body> tag. The class="..." contains
    all the class names that apply to this specific page. The specific page, sm-page-node-xxxxxx, plus all the
    folders up to your homepage, sm-page-parentnode-xxxxxx. The deeper you go into a folder tree, the
    more parentnode's you'll see.
    <body style="" class="sm-user-professional sm-page sm-page-node sm-page-node-wkzrVr
    sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B sm-page-parentnode-Qm7v4 sm-page-parentnode-FqkP4
    sm-page-parentnode-5hwj8 sm-page-gallery sm-page-gallery-album sm-page-initialized">
    I use these class names to apply a different banner/logo to many folders (legacy categories). I added
    a blank single photo widget to the top of my homepage. Then I use CSS to apply a background to
    the banner/logo. The CSS rule applies the new background to the folder and using parentnode to flow
    down to all children of that folder.

A part of the CSS. First rule applies the whole site. Then I add rules to change in specific areas.
    .sm-page-widget-12536016 is the unique class name of the empty banner/logo.
    .sm-page-node-zsB4B is my homepage
    .sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B this applies the CSS to flow down to all children of the homepage
    /* site wide */
    .sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B .sm-page-widget-12536016, /* flow down from homepage */
    .sm-page-node-zsB4B .sm-page-widget-12536016 {        /* homepage */
       background: url(/photos/i-snFwjZ3/1/XL/i-snFwjZ3.jpg) no-repeat; 
       height: 154px;  max-width: 1032px;
       position:relative;
       margin: 0 auto !important;
       background-size: contain !important;
    }

/* archery */
    .sm-page-parentnode-D2dwD .sm-page-widget-12536016, /* flow down from top archery folder */
    .sm-page-node-D2dwD .sm-page-widget-12536016 {       /* specific  top archery folder */
       background: url(/photos/i-2r6NDBZ/1/XL/i-2r6NDBZ.jpg) no-repeat; 
       height: 77px;  max-width: 1024px;
    }

You can use CSS method similar to this to add multiple menus to your homepage and define which will
    show in different areas of your site.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    If you look in the page source of any page, at the top you'll see the <body> tag. The class="..." contains
    all the class names that apply to this specific page. The specific page, sm-page-node-xxxxxx, plus all the
    folders up to your homepage, sm-page-parentnode-xxxxxx. The deeper you go into a folder tree, the
    more parentnode's you'll see.
    <body style="" class="sm-user-professional sm-page sm-page-node sm-page-node-wkzrVr
    sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B sm-page-parentnode-Qm7v4 sm-page-parentnode-FqkP4
    sm-page-parentnode-5hwj8 sm-page-gallery sm-page-gallery-album sm-page-initialized">
    I use these class names to apply a different banner/logo to many folders (legacy categories). I added
    a blank single photo widget to the top of my homepage. Then I use CSS to apply a background to
    the banner/logo. The CSS rule applies the new background to the folder and using parentnode to flow
    down to all children of that folder.

A part of the CSS. First rule applies the whole site. Then I add rules to change in specific areas.
    .sm-page-widget-12536016 is the unique class name of the empty banner/logo.
    .sm-page-node-zsB4B is my homepage
    .sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B this applies the CSS to flow down to all children of the homepage
    /* site wide */
    .sm-page-parentnode-zsB4B .sm-page-widget-12536016, /* flow down from homepage */
    .sm-page-node-zsB4B .sm-page-widget-12536016 {        /* homepage */
       background: url(/photos/i-snFwjZ3/1/XL/i-snFwjZ3.jpg) no-repeat; 
       height: 154px;  max-width: 1032px;
    }

/* archery */
    .sm-page-parentnode-D2dwD .sm-page-widget-12536016, /* flow down from top archery folder */
    .sm-page-node-D2dwD .sm-page-widget-12536016 {       /* specific  top archery folder */
       background: url(/photos/i-2r6NDBZ/1/XL/i-2r6NDBZ.jpg) no-repeat; 
       height: 77px;  max-width: 1024px;
    }

You can use CSS method similar to this to add multiple menus to your homepage and define which will

Oooh - this one is going to take some reading and re-reading to fully understand. I like the outcome though - you have a lot more flexibility in terms of creating "subsites" essentially with different logos and/or menus.

Because I'm not quite there yet, does one of those code sets above allow me to hide the Home | Browse | Search nav specifically, just for this folder and it's children galleries?

Smugmug should make this easier - I came from Phanfare and this was a no-brainer b/c anyone with a Prolevel account is likely going to want to create these types of mini photo sites. All they would have to do is ACTUALLY have the "This applies to just this page" rule actually hold for the logo and the links and it would be done!

Thanks for your help -
    Alexa
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    akcorcoran wrote: »
    Oooh - this one is going to take some reading and re-reading to fully understand. I like the outcome though - you have a lot more flexibility in terms of creating "subsites" essentially with different logos and/or menus.

Because I'm not quite there yet, does one of those code sets above allow me to hide the Home | Browse | Search nav specifically, just for this folder and it's children galleries?

Thanks for your help -
    Alexa
    This will hide it on that folder and all children. Put in "entire site" CSS.

.sm-page-node-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-5806445,
    .sm-page-parentnode-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-5806445 {display:none}
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    This will hide it on that folder and all children. Put in "entire site" CSS.

.sm-page-node-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-5806445,
    .sm-page-parentnode-nKZZ37 .sm-page-widget-5806445 {display:none}

Thank you so so much! I really appreciate the help - these forums are awesome.

My mom's class of 1964 is going to be thrilled! ;)

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    photoclick wrote: »
    Easy - the html of every single page includes the list of "names" of ALL the parents (folders) according to the hierarchy in the organizer.

FolderA
    ---FolderB
    FolderC
    Gallery1

The body tag of the Gallery1 webpage will contain "class=.sm-page-parentnode-FolderA .sm-page-parentnode-FolderB .sm-page-parentnode-FolderC .sm-page-node-Gallery1". This way you can create css based on whether or not "you" are in this particualr hierarchy branch. Of course instead of FolderA-C you have the usual alpha-numeric code like nKMZZ37 :)

Thanks. This was the first time looking more into the folders/galleries, so that helped. thumb.gif
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2015
    akcorcoran wrote: »

Smugmug should make this easier - I came from Phanfare and this was a no-brainer b/c anyone with a Prolevel account is likely going to want to create these types of mini photo sites. All they would have to do is ACTUALLY have the "This applies to just this page" rule actually hold for the logo and the links and it would be done!

Thanks for your help -
    Alexa

Have you tried turning on "hide owner" in the folder settings? I think it'll do exactly what you want with no code.

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2015
    pilotdave wrote: »
    Have you tried turning on "hide owner" in the folder settings? I think it'll do exactly what you want with no code.

Dave
    With "hide owner" on no customization's will show for the folder or any children making it impossible to
    navigate up and down thru the galleries.
  • Options
    TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2015

Allen and Mike have been a big help to me as I implemented my "site within a site" where my personal family/friend photos have a different theme and menu type and structure than my main site. I did run into one issue. My main site has a horizontal navbar. My personal area uses a sidebar menu. Using the technique outlined above by Allen I simply hid the sidebar when in the main site and the horizontal navbar when in the personal site. However, I found that the sidebar, although hidden, still shifted the content of the main site to the right by the amount of the sidebar width. So I attempted to also set the sidebar width to "0" when at the main site. I was scratching my head when this didn't work until I discovered that zero width isn't a valid option for the sidebar. Setting it to "1" when in main site does, however, work since the 1 px shift is undetectable there. There may be a more elegant solution but this worked for me.
    Jerry

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2015
    With "hide owner" on no customization's will show for the folder or any children making it impossible to
    navigate up and down thru the galleries.

Ah, there's no way to set hide owner on a folder, only on a gallery. So yeah, you'd have to send links to each gallery individually.

Dave