Options

Demonstration

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
edited December 12, 2015 in Street and Documentary
Last month in Madrid, there were a number of demonstrations protesting domestic violence. This one was in the Puerta del Sol, in the center of town. The demonstrators each wore a mask and a sweatshirt with the name of a victim and how she was killed.

151128_0142_b-XL.jpg

151128_0171_b-XL.jpg

151128_0192_b-XL.jpg

151128_0197_b-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,848 moderator
    edited December 11, 2015
    A powerful story and issue, Richard. Equally powerful and haunting images. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Powerful images, made even more so by your choice of black and white expression. Excellent composition in 1 and 3 add a surreal feeling. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
    Bryan
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Strong message, very good series Richard #3 is my favorite.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Richard!...for me this might be one of your best! sets. Great compositions! You captured this event as well as any professional photojournalist could have done. bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Excellent Richard!! clap.gif

Love, Love #3 & #4 thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Richard, I don't know why this series impresses me as much as it does. The bulk of your work has been superior....for a long, long time. This picture-story here, though, transcends the normally accepted definition of " excellent ". For what it is, it is as good as, or better, than anything I can remember seeing....anywhere. Kudos to you, my man, this is over the top.clap.gifclap

Stay safe,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2015
    Excellent set of shots. #1 is certainly striking, but #4 is my favorite with the guy juxtaposing the protesters (and I won't mention how it is too bad his hand is slightly cut off...)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 12, 2015
    Hey, thanks so much for the kind words everyone. Highly appreciated thumb.gif.

There are a few more from this set in my SM New Pics gallery, if anyone is interested. Of the ones posted here, my favorites are #3 for aesthetic reasons and #4 for ironic commentary. And yeah, rainbow, the hand is a bit clipped but I think his overall posture and expression make the pic work anyway. You may disagree, of course deal.gif.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2015
    No disagreement. I love it. It is the type of detail that I facepalm myself when I start to process it.