Options

Zion N.P.

Da BearDa Bear Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 15, 2015 in Landscapes
Zion-11-L.jpg

Zion-34-L.jpg

A couple of my favorite shots from a trip this summer. Zion is one of my favorite parks.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 12, 2015
    Welcome to Dgrin, Da Bear! Zion is one of my favorite parks too. You got some great skies to complement your compositions. Good stuff! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2015
    A very nice first posting! clap.gif
    Welcome to Dgrin!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2015
    Nice action in the sky. Lv Zion np
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    DarkRockDarkRock Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2015
    Spectacular. You've wetted my appetite further. We're planning a 10 day to 2 week road trip to the National Parks in Utah next fall. How long we're you in Zion?

-Tim
    5D MIII, 24-105mm L f4 IS, 70-300mm L f4 IS, 17-40mm L f4 USM, 50mm f1.4

• Options
    edited December 13, 2015
    DarkRock wrote: »
    Spectacular. You've wetted my appetite further. We're planning a 10 day to 2 week road trip to the National Parks in Utah next fall. How long we're you in Zion?

-Tim

Hello Tim,

We were only there for one day on this trip, but I have been there many times. My mother lives about 70 miles from there so every time we go to visit we go to Zion and Bryce. If you have never been to the parks in Utah you are in for a real treat. I will post some shots I took of Bryce on the same trip. Depending on how much walking you are prepared to do you can easily spend 3 or 4 days in Zion. One tip that a lot of people miss, visit Kolob Canyon it is worth the added drive. It is a little known section of Zion off of I-15 in the northwest corner of the park.

Marty
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2015
    #1 is very nice!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2015
    Thank you everyone for the kind comments.