Da BearDa Bear Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 15, 2015 in Landscapes
Bryce_1_Panorama-L.jpg

Bryce Canyon - Inspiration Point

Bryce_Castle_Valley-5-L.jpg

Bryce Canyon - Paria Point

Bryce_Castle_Valley-7-L.jpg

Bryce Canyon - Fairyland

Some favorite shots of Bryce Canyon N.P. it was a bright, windy morning so the clouds were particularly interesting. For me the most interesting thing about Bryce is the play of light and shadow in the formations and the way the formations seem to glow.

Comments

• Options
    Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2015
    Nice shots, Da. I like #2 best as composed, except for the blown out sky. I think #1 might be a stronger image if you crop in from the left to draw more attention to the hoodoos. Nice job of getting even polarization in a wide shot in #3. Good set!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2015
    Eldon Shea wrote: »
    Nice shots, Da. I like #2 best as composed, except for the blown out sky. I think #1 might be a stronger image if you crop in from the left to draw more attention to the hoodoos. Nice job of getting even polarization in a wide shot in #3. Good set!

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2015
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2015
    Veel dank Boco.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2015
    Eldon Shea wrote: »

Thank you for the observations Eldon. It is nice to find a site where people will actually take the time to give constructive critiques. I agree with both of your comments. I'm not sure there is much I can do about the sky but I will try cropping #1. I must confess I didn't think about it, that shot is a composite of about three shots and I was so pleased with the way that process worked that I didn't consider cropping it.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2015
    Da Bear wrote: »
    Thank you for the observations Eldon. It is nice to find a site where people will actually take the time to give constructive critiques. I agree with both of your comments. I'm not sure there is much I can do about the sky but I will try cropping #1. I must confess I didn't think about it, that shot is a composite of about three shots and I was so pleased with the way that process worked that I didn't consider cropping it.

If you don't own a GND (I don't), then I would start bracketing your shots. Take one for the sky and one for the foreground and blend them together in Photoshop (or similar).