Options

Superman

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited January 13, 2016 in People
Mild mannered triathlete/visually impaired triathlon guide by day...
i-5rRwgQD-XL.jpg

Superman by night...
i-jVRTQxp-XL.jpg

I have to thank many here for getting me to this point in my growth. Without studying how you do your work and pouring over the BTS thread I never would have imagined I could get this far. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2015
    Over all, nice execution of your view. These do not fit into the traditional portrait vein so those rules are difficult to judge but as a "today" photojournalistic image it is dove nicely. My only nit is I, personally, like to vignette an image to draw attention to the subject so I might add a tad of vignette. Very nice images.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Over all, nice execution of your view. These do not fit into the traditional portrait vein so those rules are difficult to judge but as a "today" photojournalistic image it is dove nicely. My only nit is I, personally, like to vignette an image to draw attention to the subject so I might add a tad of vignette. Very nice images.

Thank you for the kind words, and again - more helpful information about the vignette/attention/people observation.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I, personally, like to vignette an image to draw attention to the subject so I might add a tad of vignette.

Yep...I've added vignetting or used some other technique to darken the background so that I have the subject separated...and have been amazed by the results. I shoot a lot of outdoor events, using flash, and just lowering the BG a little can turn a good image into a great image. Of course...less is more here.

BTW...I like number two...the eyes are a little red...way too red...pink eye red...but for what it is...it's good. You get good separation from the background in this one.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed