Options

Can I use another CDN ?

MikeWolfMikeWolf Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 22, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
When I brows my photo gallery, it displays very slowly, and my family too, that make only me to view my family photos...
I knew Smugmug use Cloudflare as CDN, but I want to know, can I use another CDN to accelerate the pciture view?

Thanks
Mike

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited December 21, 2015
    You can only use the CDN specified by SmugMug's infrastructure.

Do you see slow performance on other sites as well? Have you run a speed test? For a link to the speed test, look at the notes in the section "Your Connection Is Fast One Way..." on this help page - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93279-can-i-upload-photos-faster-.

--- Denise
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    If you keep having speed problems, I would recommend that you contact us on our HelpDesk so we can help you troubleshoot.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,832 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    MikeWolf, you are not alone. I also experience slow load times. Not always, but often enough. Where I notice it is in the lightbox, clicking through different pictures. Often the first two or three load just fine and then on picture #4 the screen will be black. When I click to picture #5 then #5 is displayed and then when I click back to #4 it shows up as well. Then the next cuple of pictures show up and eventually the scenario repeats itself. I have experienced this on different networks including mine at home which has a super-fast connection.

Not complaining, just stating the facts.

Cheers,

Sara